Blue screen when trying to enable restricted sites

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by deejohnson555, Jul 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deejohnson555

deejohnson555 Registered Member

Hi,
    I uninstalled SpywareBlaster then reinstalled version 3.2. I enabled Internet Explorer but each time I tried to enable all protections to enable the restricted sites a blue screen comes up with error messages. Please help.

denise

Last edited: Jul 16, 2004
  2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi DJ.....

Welcome to the forums :)

First, did you REMOVE the original protecting killbits set by the previous installation before uninstalling it and then installing 3.2?

Oh, for security's sake... could you please remove your email addy... You don't want to get spammed :)

Cheers, TAS

3. deejohnson555

I'm sorry. I don't understand what you mean by "remove the killbits." Please explain and I will. Thanks for the advice to remove my email address.

Denise

4. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Sorry, should have been more clear.

You really should "DISABLE All Protection" FIRST, before UNinstalling the actual program. [See pic where I highlighted]

Did you do that originally before actualling uninstall version 3.1 and installing v3.2?

If not, it's a bit late now, but you could try that with this version first [for whatever you did manage to protect] and then UNinstall v3.2 via Add/Remove.

Reboot. Reinstall 3.2 and try again.. If that does not work, someone else may have to help.

TAS

Attached Files:

5. deejohnson555

I didn't disable all protections before I uninstalled the older version and installed version 3.2. I did as you suggested and disabled the internet explorer protection (I was never able to enable the protection on the restricted sites because when I tried to enable, that's when I got the blue screen), then I uninstalled 3.2, rebooted and then reinstalled. I also disabled my firewall before reinstalling 3.2. I was able to enable internet explorer but when I tried to enable the restricted site I got the blue screen again. I also tried to enable all but got the blue screen right away. I hope you or someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I didn't have this problem with the old version.

Thank you,
    Denise

6. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

What version of Windows are you running?

Also, what security software do you have installed, such as anti-virus and firewall?

Thanks,

-Javacool

7. deejohnson555

Hi,
    Windows Me with McAfee Virus Scan and Firewall. I also have spam and popup software. I disabled everything the second, third and fourth time I downloaded Version 3.2 to no avail. I am going to upgrade to Windows XP in a few days. Do you think I should upgrade and try to download 3.2 again or do you think that won't matter?

Thanks for your help. You can tell I LOVE this program and I want to add it to my two daughter's computers (with a contribution, of course).

Denise

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.