Blue Screen of Nothing

Discussion in 'Paragon Mac Utilities' started by deadwulfe, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadwulfe

deadwulfe Registered Member

From everything I read, it seemed like whatever problems people had were minor. I'm disappointed to not even see my issue anywhere here or elsewhere on the internet.

I create the disc and restart. I've tried holding C and holding Alt at bootup, with no difference in result. My early 2009 Macbook boots up from the CD. I see the progress bar fill up. The screen flashes a couple of times. Then the CampTune logo appears again and then it disappears, leaving only the blue background. It seems like the program should just start up at that point, but it's not. I've waited as long as 15 minutes. The CD spindles down, I hear no activity from within my laptop. I have to force it to shut down and unplug the battery to get it back to being able to boot up in OSX or Windows 7.

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Deadwulfe,

Sent you another private message for more information and steps you can take.

3. JohnWasHere

JohnWasHere Registered Member

I've experienced the same phenomenon the first time I started with the Camp Tune 8 CD. I restarted and made a second attempt, and this time I got a black screen as if my monitor were off. The third time I got the exact same result. Here's the kicker: I had problems starting my native MacOS after this. I couldn't even boot from my MacOS CD after holding down option during startup and then selecting the CD. The system eventually booted successfully into MacOS after I erased the P-Ram and let the battery run down.

Perhaps my boot problems were a fluke, but the Blue Screen is not a fluke.

I have a Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.26 running 10.5.8.

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.