Blue Screen Of Death !!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by norway, Aug 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. norway

norway Registered Member

My friend recently changed his operating system from win2k to win2003server.
    When he reinstalled his acronis image server 7 as soon as he clicks on the acronis startup file he gets the blue screen of death, same goes when he goes to uninstall.
    In the end he did a system restore, which was fatal, as now his pc is in a permenant loop of shutdown and restart, he cannot even get into windows
    via safe mode.

the one message he did get was:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (hal.dll)

I saw in another post on this forum the same problem, to which nobody bothered to reply.
    I write this as he cannot get on the web anymore.
    I was tempted to buy version 8 for myself, but, after all the probs i have read on this forum and lack of support from acronis it makes me a little dubious to say the least.
    If anyone has a solution i would be truly greatfull thanks.

2. edmundlp

edmundlp Guest

I am having the same issue. My OS is NT 4.0. I have 10 servers identicle. v8 works fine on all except one. WinDbg points to snapman.sys as the culprit which belongs to Acronis.

Need help to resolve.

Tried uninstall / reinstall
    Ran chkdsk /f

Wierd, why do the other exibit no symptoms...

3. edmundlp

edmundlp Guest

Back to Ghost 2003...

Are you listening Acronis...

Please reply...

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello norway,

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Can you please contact support@acronis.com on this matter and describe the situation more exactly?

We do need the information from the BSOD and the minidump file mentioned there in order to diagnose the problem.

As I understood your friend has restored his system now and he cannot even get to Windows. Can you please provide more information on this. Did he use Acronis image? Did he make any hardware changes since he created this image?

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

5. Acronis Support

6. Angela

Angela Registered Member

What do us paid-up users do? I have been waiting for a response since the 6th September 2004. When enquiring upon the status of my problem (ie. unbootable machine) a few days later, I was told it could take a few days for the appropriate person to get back to me - that was 5 weeks ago!

7. edmjundlp

edmjundlp Guest

New rules for purchasing software:

Step 1 - Review KnowledgeBase and User Forum.
    With that alone, one can base a decision to purchase software

Step 2 - Review Google NewsGroups.
    See what problems others are having

8. edmundlp

edmundlp Guest

Problem Solved!!!!!

By reviewing the Server Log, I was able to determine someone added something call "Special Pool" to the registry. Once I removed these registry entries, I was able to install and run the Acronis True Image software successfully.

Please review: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/188831/EN-US

9. ggreen5

ggreen5 Registered Member

Purchased and installed Acronis True Image 8 last night. Now can't boot PC, only get BSOD

Details:
    0x0000007E (0x80000003, 0xF85DC9C0, 0xF8C0D270, 0xF8C0CF6C)

with snapman.sys listed as a device error

Please help. Can't get PC to boot.

Running Adaptec Raid 1 configuration with 1200A card

10. Acronis Support

Hello ggreen5,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please start your computer by using the Last Known Good Configuration feature. Then please do the following in order to enable mini-dumps.

- Open Computer properties either by right clicking on My Computer icon and choosing Properties or by opening System properties in Control Panel;
    - Go to Advanced tab;
    - Press Startup and Recover Settings button;
    - Choose Small memory dump in Write debugging information box;
    - Close all the dialog windows by clicking OK buttons.

Then please reproduce the system crash and send the mini-dumps created to support@acronis.com along with the link to your post. This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

11. ggreen5

ggreen5 Registered Member

Tried the Last Known Good Configuration feature...no luck. Same BSOD appears. There is not one valid option in the startup set...Safe Mode, etc. that works. ALL of them result in BSOD.

12. TonioRoffo

TonioRoffo Registered Member

Ggreen5,

Boot into recovery console using the windows CD

Use Listsvc. You now see all drivers and services that are loaded at boot.

Use disable to turn off snapman.sys. Reboot and you're a happy camper :D

13. Acronis Support

Hello ggreen5,

Once you disable the snapman.sys please do the following:

- Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the "Save" option in the "File" menu (or "Action" menu under Windows 2000), enter the "File name" and set the field "Save as type" to "Version 5.0/6.0 System Information File (*.NFO)";
    - Send the saved file to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Also please check whether you have \Windows\Minidump folder. If so please find the minidump file there that corresponds to the BSOD you describe and send to us as well. We will investigate what was the reason for the problem and provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.