blue screen of death, snapshot manager library corruption

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cosmini, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cosmini

cosmini Registered Member

hi all,
    I had downloaded the trial version of the Home 11 version and it seemed to work fine until I decided to purchase the software and installed that version.

Started getting blue screens of death, prefaced by
    "Windows has recovered from a serious error"
    and BSOD:
    "A wait operation, attach process or yield was attempted from a DPC routine"

I followed a thread at http://forum.storagecraft.com/Community/forums/p/358/1517.aspx#1517

only to then get " Unable to initialize snapshot manager library. Unable to open (initialize) computer"

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?
    I have Windows XP (32 bit) with SP2 -- probably I may have had installed SP3 in the meantime.

thx much,
    Cosmin

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cosmini,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also collect Windows mini-dumps the following way:
    - Right click on My Computer, choose Properties and go to the Advanced tab;
    - Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery box;
    - Choose Small memory dump in Write debugging information;
    - Close all the dialog windows by clicking OK buttons;
    - Reproduce the system crash;
    The dump file will be created in the directory chosen in the Small dump directory box.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.