Blocking outgoing requests

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by artinusa, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artinusa

artinusa Registered Member

Please help..I need to block some outgoing request from my computer.. i don't seem to be able to understand the rules needs or how to apply them. etc..can anyone help me please...as an example say i wanted to block Microsoft..how would i do it..tia

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. artinusa

artinusa Registered Member

Thank you Cudni but its detail I need..in my example I say how can I block like Microsoft as an example..what part of the system allows me to do that. to disallow connection or outgoing contact. I appreciate the time you have already given me..but its still too vague for me..sorry..

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

5. Woodgiant

Woodgiant Guest

Hello artinusa
    It sounds like you are going for a Policy based firewall, in that way you have complete control what to accept and waht to block. It sound good but there is a something you should consider.If you do not fully understand to evaluate the firewall messages given to you, you can accept something to your system that you don't what.(wurse case scenario...malware). My point is just, be careful what you accept. :)
    Best Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.