Block all (100%) of internet access, including OS possible?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by enum{}, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enum{}

enum{} Registered Member

Which firewall blocks ALL (100%) of internet access? Is there such a firewall? Trojans and worms are always an ailment of my mind. It worries me that access methods my OS is using, could also be used by worm/trojan. Thus, I would like to block ALL/100% of outgoing traffic and then very selectively select what I want to go out.

I would like to block 100% of my outgoing, and then selectively allow and disallow certain things. All communication from my OS should be denied. Parent applications and OLE automation is another element I would like to battle, yet I've been informed that it is an impossible fight in terms of OLE automation.

OLE automation and parent applications!

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  2. Jokimoto

Jokimoto Registered Member

I just started using Comodo, and it's popped up dozens of times already warning me about OLE automation. "Warning: explorer.exe has tried to use OLE automation to load etc. etc. into....." Nice.
    Blocking all outgoing traffic, period, should be simple enough for most firewalls I'd imagine. You can also use an IP blocker on top of your firewall, like PeerGuardian or Protowall. Either of those may catch some things your firewall didn't and vice versa.
    Zone Alarm was ok, but Comodo's got it beat by a mile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.