BlackIce

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Antus, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antus

Antus Registered Member

I welcome feedback on this software from the members. Those that have used it whats your opiniono_O Any issues on a given platform?? How well does it performo_O Thanks in advance:D

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Re: BlaceIce

Antus

Do a search at the top of the forums for Blackice. You will get many hits.

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

I tried it once but I think it conflicted with hardware DEP and BSOD' on me.

I tried it onanother computer but between the router and LnS, I wasnt sure if BID did anything.

Both times, I left application control disabled. I dont need it, especially with so many HIPS choices.

4. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I use this app on and off. Why? BlackIce updates sometimes would cause conflicts with other updates of security apps. For instance, I got most recent updates of BlackIce and Kav 6 the other day, BOSD is the end result. This has not happened with earlier upates between these two. I kind of suggesting not to use BlackIce, if you have sufficient proactive defense. Such as KAV's proactive defense and outpost firewall protection.

5. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Tempted, but never tried it. Heard to many negatives to take a chance. :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.