BitDefender protects everything

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by jobo1943, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jobo1943

jobo1943 Registered Member

Having suffered the Win7 64 bit problem with Bitdefender 2010, I was disappointed to have an even more serious problem on a venerable XP SP3 desktop.

Bitdefender support said the only solution was to remove the following programs:

Comodo Firewall
    SpywareBlaster
    SpybotSearch& Destroy
    SuperAntiSpyware
    JV16Power Tools
    MalwareBytes
    Smart Defrag

This list was supplied in writing by Bitdefender. When I queried it I was told that these products interfere with Bitdefender AV 2010. For reference purposes they did not ask me to remove HitmanPro.

What system tools (JV16), disk defrag (SmartDefrag), and the firewall (Comodo) have to do with Bitdefender I do not know. At least they did not insist I uninstall all operating systems (which actually does provide pretty good protection now I come to think of it :)).

All the other products coexist fine so I removed Bitdefender and now my XP desktop is much faster. I have added Microsoft Security Essentials with no apparent conflict issues.

In summary I would describe Bitdefender as a fundamentalist ant virus provider - its our way or the hiway :).

jobo

2. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Same as my problem...:( I had switched to Bullguard, same engine as Bitdefender but much more stable and excellent support.

3. jobo1943

jobo1943 Registered Member

Thanks, I'll take a look at Bullguard.

I guess in a world of music we need Pods and Jobs :)

4. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I had Bullguard on my computer for a 3 month trial. It was OK, I seriously thought about buying it but I got AV with my ISP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.