Bitdefender or Kaspersky? What's Best?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by GraveFiller, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

That's not entirely true. NOD32 is great. But if you buy it from here you'll get a tweaked installation package where the configuration is already done for you.

2. GraveFiller

GraveFiller Registered Member

I used BD for well over a year, and at some point in the updates it caused BSOD. The BD support folks wanted me to remove essentially all other security. I removed BD. After I trialed NOD and KAV I would not return to BD. I settled on KAV 6 for my main computer.

On one computer I am using F-Secure AV, and I also like it much better than BD.

Try several and choose the one which suits you best. If Avira runs well it is one of the best.

Regards,
    Jerry[/QUOTE]

tHANKS Jerry, i'm going to try nod32, i do like bitdefender alot, but interface sucks the bigone....
    Maybe i need to just format my rig, then try Kaspersky, perhaps then my web browsing problem will be resolved with clean install of everythingl....just a pain in the ass to format and reinstall....we've all been there tho havent we....
    tu!

3. GraveFiller

That's why i asked the question in firtst place.
    kaspersky slowed my web surfing down..and pages loaded with missing images taboot!.
    Plus it froze pc after update install, had to hit reset button..that right there got me searching online for answers and found this site... so i posed the question to you all...and now i know..it's up to me..their all about the same as far as detection goes...bit and Kas...nod32 i will try later this week.
    Thanks man for your info:!
    :thumb:

4. GraveFiller

Ty, will do ...roger and out....

5. toasale

toasale Registered Member

Having betaed for most softwae mentioned on this linkage, IMHO it is impossible: for every program to catch everything; to compare #'s of files and registry items (CounterSpy bores through this area very heavy) that a program scans. Having mentioned all this, I will state that I am a KAV fan for AV protection, but not other protections. Most on the regular posters on boards will go with standalone software we feel best suites the areas we desire to guard.

I am windy on this area and will continue to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.