BitDefender license

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Howard Kaikow, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

I just noticed that the term of the BitDefender license is supposed to start with the date of purchase.

Does the term really start on the date of registration?

A lot of folkes buy software when there is a good price, or in anticipation of use on an as yet to be purchased PC.

For example, many folkes are buying software now to be used on a Vista system that is yet to be purchased.

Starting the term on date of purchase is not fair to the purchaser.

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

The BitDefender license period does not officially start until the first time you use the license key in the program. I've had this confirmed from BitDefender. I don't know why the EULA would be saying that.

3. Howard Kaikow

The misstatement is in the user's guide.

I just did a trial install, and the agreement presented is what matters. It states that the period starts with the first install.

But I found no way to save a copy of the agreement.

Is there a copy lurking somewhere at the BitDefender web site?

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

There is a copy in the help file but it has the same statement as the user guide of BitDefender.

Lets hope EsoxLucius comes by to clarify this....

5. EsoxLucius

EsoxLucius Registered Member

Hello guys,

BD av license isn't activated when you bought the activation key, unless it's a key that has an expiration period (that's not the case with a bought activation key.)

Here is an extract from the BitDefender FAQ:

You can find something similar to your needs here: http://www.bitdefender.com/KB311-en--Registering-BitDefender-10.html

I hope it's clarifying enough, if it isn't just post your problems here and I'll try to answer as soon as possible.

6. Howard Kaikow

Registration is not relevant to my question.

When installing, one is asked to agree to a license, but I've not found a copy of that license that I save or print.

The license that is binding is the one that we are asked to agree to when installing. A license in a Help file or User's manual or at a web site is not binding unless BD states that the license overrides the license presented at install AND the license is LESS restrictive than the one presented at install.

7. Howard Kaikow

FYI, in the USA it is a requirement that a copy of a license be made available, if requested, prior to purchase.

BitDefender needs to make a copy of the license file available at their web site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.