BitDefender Internet Security 2008 Build 11.0.16

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by osip, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorn

Dorn Registered Member

Then av-comparatives didnt see or didnt care so much they just wrote Bitdefender Pro Plus 2008 v11.
    Ok now i know, thanks.

2. osip

osip Registered Member

Just before reading this I sent an email to bitdefender support...Also contacted IDM support...The problem is only with rapidshare premium multiple connections, and, also with the speed test sites...Thx for additional links...will try to sort this question out.

3. osip

osip Registered Member

Also...I´m a little bit surprised that I´m the only one reporting this problem with rapidshare multiple connections and download accelerators...Anyone else ?

4. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Dorn,

You are welcome.

osip,

I personally think the reason is that not everybody use a Rapidshare premium account or will notice that their download speed is affected while the http traffic scanner is enabled on speed test sites. For me the download speed is almost the same with http traffic scanner enabled or disabled. You can verify it in my other reply in this topic.

5. osip

osip Registered Member

Niels, I had the http scan off... and the speedometer did´nt showed correctly, it freezed due to BD:s prefetch (I saw that test download was taken over by BD) and then it came out with incorrect results...Well, lets see what BD team will come out with...I´m corresponding with them right now and have urged them to make tests acc to the same scenario themselfs...

6. IBK

IBK AV Expert

OT: the exact version number is shown in the tables (11.0.15); on main site only the main version number is listed (11.0).

7. Dorn

Dorn Registered Member

but i dont found any professional plus 2008.'only av, internetsecurity, and total security.
    And as my favorite AV is: F-secure and Avira, i wanted to ask you when the av test is to become and a antivirus like f-secure and bitdefender very often requires update that the pc must be reboot, do you reboot so example (f-secure and bitdefender) will have the latest update-protect?
    because if some antivirus-test vendors does not re-start PC when a antivirus requires to restart pc then all the updates are not completely updated, so this was my question to av-comparatives also?

8. IBK

IBK AV Expert

yes, reboot.

9. osip

osip Registered Member

Niels:
    My stuborness finally gave result :
    I restored my BD image and gave it a new chance...The issue is solved!!! It was the privacy control ! When disabled everything at rapidshare works fine with download accelerator and slitted connections...the same concerning speed sites speed measuring. No big deal to temporarly disable the privacy control when needed...Very interesting and upon that a VICTORY !
    _________
    added: it´s enough to put the protection level to permissive at the privacy control...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  10. Niels

Niels Registered Member

osip,

Thanks for mentioning it. It also worked for me. Yesterday there was an update available for my download manager the test for multiply connections failed but it worked after I disable privacy control. But I don't know how privacy control can affect the download speed. The only part that might be checking the internet are the Identity rules that you might have created. Cookie and script control is off by default. Try to only uncheck Identity rules. It's better that you also mention it to BitDefender support.

11. osip

osip Registered Member

Already mentioned to the support team...If you uncheck identity rules the protection level goes down to permissive automatically...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.