Bitdefender Antivirus 2016 and Java applete

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by degoldberg, Sep 21, 2015.

1. degoldberg

degoldberg Registered Member

I've grown tired of waiting for a response from Bitdefender so I thought I'd see if the Wilders Security community can offer any assistance ...

Bitdefender Antivirus 2016 is preventing a Java applet from running properly. The applet launches and correctly prompts for a username and password. However once the credentials are entered it is unable to make the connection to an onsite application server. At this point the applet is hung and can only be terminated by killing the process in Task Manager.

Things I've tried:

1) Created an exception for the applet's top level directory. This had the affect of also creating an exception for JRE. The applet is hard coded for a specific version of Java. The required JRE is in an applet subdirectory.

2) Created exceptions for both the applet and JRE processes.

3) Systematically disabled Antivirus Plus 2016 modules one by one.

None of the above solved the problem. Nor did any of the above have any effect on the symptom; i.e., hanging while trying to connect to the application server.

There is no firewall running on the computer in question.

The problematic machine is at my work place. Interestingly I've got a number of other computers there protected with Bitdefender Small Office Security. These other computers all need to run the applet and do so without problem. Do so out of the box. No special configuration was required. Small Office Security is configured to provide antivirus protection only. All of the computers (this includes the troublesome one) were created from an image. They are identical. Same operating system (64-bit Windows 7 Professional). Same make and model. Same installed programs for the user. The sole difference being Antivirus Plus 2016 versus Small Office Security.

Anyone have any thoughts how I can get Antivirus Plus 2016 and the Java applet to play nicely?

Thank you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.