Bitdefender Antivirus 2012 deleting its own EXEs without no reason

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Atul88, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atul88

Atul88 Registered Member

Yesterday i got a call of one of my client that he had some issues with his BD AV 2012. So i went there & checked what the problem was. The problem was that BD processes were running but the system tray icon was missing & when i tried to uninstall the Antivirus it show me that the MSI used for the installation is missing??:eek: :eek:
    then i went to programs & looked for main EXE. And it was missing too:doubt: :doubt:
    & i was like what the hell is happening.
    So i downloaded the BD removal tool & was not able to remove it from the system:cautious: :cautious: . Had to boot in safe mode & uninstall it from there:cautious: :cautious:
    I was not sure then too install it again because it was such a mess, So i installed norton(within 30 sec). updated it & run a full system scan (the fastest scan :argh: :argh: ). & guess what it didn't find a virus. So how come BD was removing the EXEso_O o_O
    Can anyone explain to me this strange behavior !!!
    BTW the client will stick to norton from now:-* :-*
    And frankly speaking. I liked it too!!!
    Second time full system scan only took 12 Min. (35 GB of data)

2. Qlimax

Qlimax Registered Member

Sorry if im mistaken...but i think ur just a a troll...

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I'd think virus behavior. And that the Norton "quick scanning time" is also a result of the virus. Until I scanned the HDD without the OS running those would be my thoughts.

4. Atul88

Atul88 Registered Member

I have done the scanning with norton with other pcs which have similar amount of data. First time scanning takes around 70-80min. 2nd time scan takes around 12-15min. isn't that normalo_O o_O
    Though i will scan the pc using AVG Boot disk. Just to be on the safe side.

:mad: :mad: :p :p ...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.