BitDefender 9 Standard major lagging after updates

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by RejZoR, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I'm wondering what happened and if anyone else is experiencing similar behavior.
    Thing is that after BD9 Standard updates it's starts acting like it's the only program on computer. Browser will just "hang" and won't move even though i click on links, pages will load for ages etc.
    If i'm playing a game i'm getting several stuttering and lagging issues till BD9 is not fully autorestarted after update. While i was playing unreal Tournament 2004 i exactly knew in which step of autorestarting after update BitDefender is.
    After it does what it does on updates, everything goes back to normal.

So anyone with same issue? It's really annoying especially because BD9 updates almost every hour.

System i'm using is AthlonXP 3000+, 1,5GB of RAM and 200GB Maxtor 8MB cache ATA133 HDD everything running under Windows XP SP2 (fully updated). Everything is in order and drivers fully operational without any conflicts.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2006
  2. pykko

pykko Registered Member

I think you should change your antivirus. :D :D I had some problems with BD also, not regarding updates...other issues and I decided to change it.

3. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

I'm currently testing BD 9.5, and would like to know what issues you had with software.

While it is slow scanning, and opening some programs like firefox are extremely slow, I was able to get around that by excluding the c:\ drive from scan on open.

4. pykko

pykko Registered Member

well, excluding the drive on which you have your OS is not recommended. You could get infected.

5. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

How so? Its only excluded from being scanned when I open a program. If the AV is doing its job, the bad-guy should get stopped at the door, not after its already infected a program that is existing on the drive.

If that is not the case, the BD is going bye-bye real quick.

6. phasechange

phasechange Registered Member

The problem is if an unknown AV passes your perimeter defence and infects an executable, if you are scanning on opening then after getting updates you will catch the virus. If not scanning on open then you don't get a second chance.

Fairy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.