Bitdefender 2008 TotalSecurity is release??

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by yanzilme, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yanzilme

yanzilme Registered Member

2. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

No, I haven't tried it; I don't speak French. But that is the ONLY reason I haven't downloaded it yet.

Nice find yanzilme!

3. kinwolf

kinwolf Registered Member

Yes, I have it installed since yesterday.(Actually, I have IS 2008 installed, not TS. you can find Bitdefender Antivirus 2008 and Internet Security 2008 suite by browsing up those links. Only french there too though.)

On XP it works fine, but on Vista I can't get it to register, even though I have a valid licence key, so it disabled itself. It won't even run in trial mode for 30 days. I tried it on 2 different computer running Vista, same result. As I said it register and works fine on XP though.

I would add that I checked all 3 version on a XP and personally I find no real use for the extras in Total Security. Internet Security fits more my needs. The add-on in TS compared to IS are:
    Defrag : It simlpy calls the windows defrag API. Better to just use the Windows defrag program, at least you get a GUI with a progress bar.
    Backup: Haven't tried it so I don't know how easy it is to used. I personally don't use backups program, I manually copy my critical files to other medias.
    Duplicate file finder: Very akward interface. I don't see the use for it either, maybe someone can enlighten me here.
    Registry cleaner: Seems basic, running another registry cleaner after it still finds hundreds of keys to remove, but I guess it's better than nothing.

Wonder how much more they will ask for Total Security and if they will lower the price of IS to the price of Antivirus Plus(which it seems to replace in the product line while TS takes the place of IS)

All in all, not impressed by Total Security, but will probably buy another license of IS to put on GF computer if the price is lowered.

Kin

Last edited: Aug 16, 2007
  4. The One

The One Frequent Poster

Only French? Is that correct?

5. Donenzone

Donenzone Registered Member

This version is English. The only thing is that it is in a map called PCMagzine.

6. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Waiting for antivirus only version. I hate all this bloat in IS and TS versions...

7. Niels

Niels Registered Member

8. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

start comment

im so dissappointed with the 2008 range of bitdefender. :doubt:

end comment

9. kinwolf

Why?

One thing I appreciate alot in this new version is that they got rid of bdss.exe which used alot of CPU when you accessed alot of files(like during an installation/uninstallation or deletions) I think it's now in svchost, not sure, but completely gone is the CPU spike :)

Kin

Last edited: Aug 16, 2007
  10. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i think its a step backwords, i just hate the look and feel of the software.

11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

let me put it in different terms, it is total crap and someone with Softwin should be hung out to ring for this idea. Just when the suite looks like it is ready to contend, they waste resources on this.

12. yanzilme

yanzilme Registered Member

13. Niels

Niels Registered Member

You could easily reduce the bdss.exe cpu usage in the version 10 product line by excluding certain folders or by not scanning files larger than 5000 Kb (that value you can change). Beside that you have also the possibility to scan only program files. I am using BitDefender since version 8.0.

C.S.J : Why arguing about the look? The features are more important.
    Which versions of BitDefender did you used in the past?

14. kinwolf

Yeah but now intensive CPU usage due to Bitdefender are entirely gone(at least on my computer) without excluding anything and thus reducing security.
    :)

15. Niels

Niels Registered Member

I never had to exclude anything or enable one of these features. But for people who had this issues it's very good news.

16. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i said look and feel.

i have used all versions in the past, and i dont like this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.