bitdefender 10

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by lodore, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I'm not experiencing such a problem and never did. Must be something with your particular computer configuration? o_O

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

I dont have it installed but i have heard of a few people having that problem.

I do like bitdefender 10 and might try it soon.

i like all the av's in my sig but which one do i want to install and use for a year.....

3. ManMythLegend

ManMythLegend Registered Member

I had been watching these forums for a while before i tried out BitDefender version 10, and upon installation i only have one major problem; my scheduled scans don't run, ever. i only noticed theshadow247 was having the same problem...any fix yet? any clue as to what is the cause? am i alone with this bug?

regards!

4. SafeNSound

SafeNSound Registered Member

Same problem here. A few updates back my schedule scans were working. Now I can't get them to run.

5. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

Major BitDefender 10 update today. Many updated program modules and a new feature. Also the installers are updated.

Attached Files:

6. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Thought I might thrown my 2 cents worth in, it makes very interesting reading!.....:blink:

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – October 17, 2006 – BitDefender®, an award-winning provider of antivirus software and data security solutions, today announced that BitDefender 10 was awarded VB100% certification from Virus Bulletin for its ability to detect 100% of the viruses on the WildList. Tested by Virus Bulletin on Windows XP Professional SP2, BitDefender’s powerful security solution was proven to be one of the most secure anti-virus solutions available.

Initially, Virus Bulletin judges failed BitDefender 10 because the software identified what had thought to be a clean file as malware. All other security software tested identified the file as clean. However, upon closer examination, Virus Bulletin judges found that the file that BitDefender identified as malware actually was infected and commended BitDefender for detecting it.

Employing BitDefender’s new patent pending B-HAVE (Behavioral Heuristic Analyzer in Virtual Environments) technology, version 10 of BitDefender’s Internet Security, Antivirus Plus, and Antivirus security solutions offer consumers and small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs) the industry’s strongest heuristics-based technology for proactively monitoring and detecting today’s most malicious viruses, spyware, spam and phishing activity.

The VB100% certification is recognized as one of the industry’s definitive guides for the performance of an antivirus product. The WildList Organization (http://www.wildlist.org) collects monthly virus reports from anti-virus experts around the world. The data from the reports is compiled to produce The WildList – a list of those viruses currently spreading throughout a diverse user population. A virus that is reported by two or more of the WildList reporters will appear in the top-half of the list and is deemed to be 'In the Wild'.

Virus Bulletin magazine tests the leading antivirus solutions against the viruses which appear in the ‘In the Wild’ list. Only those antivirus solutions that achieve full protection from these latest viruses are considered for the VB100% certification.

"This is a dramatic confirmation of the value of BitDefender's B-HAVE heuristic detection technology and a great morale booster for BitDefender,” stated BitDefender CTO Bogdan Dumitru. “We are thrilled to learn that BitDefender 10 found malware that went undetected by every other security software tested.”

Today, BitDefender is trusted by over 41 million users worldwide and offers the industry’s most efficient line of anti-virus and data security defense. BitDefender has won countless awards for its flawless protection of both enterprise and personal computer use software. Currently, BitDefender is ranked as one of the top three data security software products in Europe and is continuing to grow and gain prestige globally.

About BitDefender®
    BitDefender® is a leading global provider of security solutions that satisfy the protection requirements of today's computing environment. The company offers one of the industry's fastest and most effective lines of security software, setting new standards for threat prevention, timely detection and mitigation. BitDefender delivers products and services to over 41 million home and corporate users in more than 180 countries. BitDefender has offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain and Romania.
    Further information about BitDefender can be obtained by visiting: http://www.bitdefender.com

I havent seen those results from any other Anti-Virus, I just threw out NOD32 and Outpost, and I'm sticking with this till Agnitum fix up Outpost Pro 4.0

7. Firecat

This particular BitDefender press release has been discussed before, and is nothing but the usual over-hyping (of trivial things) done by Public Relations departments of various companies. :)

8. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,folks: I just hate people saying they are 100% perfect or some company saying their product can perform this and that for 100%. Because there is nothing in this world is 100%. The WildList BitDefender 10 was tested against, is it 100% accurate or 100% trustworthy? The claimed 100% detection rate of wild things will not persuade uses changing hearts. Users are looking other features such resouces usage, after sale support, product compatibility etc. I tested this app w/ high hope, at the end, I have to ditch it, and go back to that less than 100% AV. A cautious word for folks @ BidDefender, look at yourselves in the mirror, are you100% perfect as well? If you would have claimed your thing is the best among others in this test this time, I would not dare to write this reply. Just some thoughts added to your deserts.:D

9. CtlAltDelete

CtlAltDelete Registered Member

Just wondering if all the BD 10 bugs have been ironed out yet?

Very long and lengthy post here, don't see anyone saying things were resolved.

thanks.

10. Firecat

Few bugs were resolved, but some bugs still remain....

11. _Rupert_

_Rupert_ Registered Member

Hey all.

I might consider getting BitDefender AV 10 after enjoying the trial, I did notice something that concerns me a bit though.

I have to use Windows under an admin account, many of the programs I use do not function correctly if I use a limited account.

I find myself able to open Task Manager under Windows XP, and easily terminate all of the BitDefender processes, therefore disabling the protection.
    Therefore, malware can do this also.

Initially I thought this wasn't too much of an issue, because if a certain piece of malware called "X" is detected by BitDefender, then BitDefender would prevent it from running, therefore "X" wouldn't be able to terminate the processes.
    If for whatever reason BitDefender failed to detect malware "X", whether the BitDefender processes were terminated or not wouldn't matter as the malware would be able to run either way.

I don't know too much about this, so this might be completely incorrect, but what if you had some malware that was packed several times into a clean file.
    The clean file terminated the BitDefender processes, then unpacked the malware which would be able to run undetected by BitDefender as the protection would be disabled.

I've been in contact with SOFTWIN about this also, and they say that they intend to possibly introduce some form of Self-Protection in the future, but I wanted to know whether people think it's reason enough to not purchase the software?

I know several other antivirus programs have this kind of protection, Kaspersky, Norton to mention a couple. NOD32 can be terminated but then it instantly relaunches itself anyway so that's okay.

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated :)

12. lodore

lodore Registered Member

with nod32 turning back on rightaway is a bit to late because the malware has already dropped its payload im guessing they are gonna make some better protection in 3.0.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.