bitdefender 10

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by lodore, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hezakiah

Hezakiah Registered Member

Again as i said earlier, i just don't get it. I just purchased about 2 weeks ago a license for BD AV Plus 10 and once more i have to say, I am not having a lick of problem at all with this software. Now i'm not that familier with Bitdefender up until now as I have been a NAV user. I'm not a BD fanboy at all but let me just say this: up till this point in time, EVERYTHING is running correctly and smoothly in ALL areas. Maybe i'm special or something :p But I have to say, i'm very nervous that my copy is running like greased lightning and alot of others are saying it's a horrible (my words) program. I'm confused. :doubt: So at this point, i'm happy with what i have and sticking with it.

2. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Hezakiah, AV behaviour depends from one PC to another. I spotted that too... it depends on your hardware and also on your other softwares installed and their configuration. And besides... there is always an exception to confirm the rule. :D :D

3. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Don't worry. I was not a big fan of BitDefender either because of the cpu and the bugs. But I have to say that since I'm running Bitdefender Internet Security 10 on my pc everytrhing runs very smooth. BitDefender is updating a lot to solve all the bugs.

So no worries, just enjoy

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

After reinstalling BitDefender, I see that the quarantine options are working now. :)

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

God damn stupid rootkit is dead again. Are they freakin kidding me or what!?

6. Firecat

Rootkit scan is completely functional for me.

Also, about the HTTP scanner, it seems to be showing the HTTP scan links correctly (see screenshot)

Attached Files:

• bd2.PNG
      bd2.PNG
      File size:
      67.3 KB
      Views:
  7. theshadow247

theshadow247 Registered Member

dont feel bad.my rootkit hasn't worked sins the first installer was released about a month ago.i just reinstalled it again after reading the post about quarantine options being improved.

8. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

This **** is ****ed up badly. Uninstalled it, cleaned with uninstall tool, reinstalled. Guess what, rootkit crap still dead. :rolleyes:

9. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

Well their probably too busy ironing out their probs and dilemas in BD 10.

10. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Or perhaps they have burned thier hands trying to iron something. :D :D

11. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I don't understand ther actions on malware.

Actions on infected stuff:
    First: Desinfect
    Second: Move to Quarantine

Actions on suspicious stuff:
    First: Move to Quarantine
    Second: Deny access and continue

Thing that i don't get it is why BD10 throws some files to quarantine and some not :blink: Especially since 3/4 of those detected were BehavesLike detections and few generic ones. I prefer if AV is actually able to do what it's suppose to do not to just deny access to files so i have to turn entire OS around to find that stuff and delete it manually.

12. Firecat

This is a bug that has existed since BitDefender 9. BitDefender is tagging all BehavesLike infections as 'infected' rather than 'suspect'. As a result, the files with "BehavesLike" detections are processed with the actions that have been set for an infected file instead of the actions for a suspect file.

As for generic detections, those are working properly as far as I can see. I have sent an email to BitDefender support asking them to find out whats up with this thing. I'm not sure if they'll reply though.

13. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Attached Files:

14. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Firecat, i've reported the bug. But so far i've never got ANY reply from their mail tech support. Well i did until they changed their webpage. Now i don't even know whether my messages even reach them...:rolleyes:

15. Firecat

Check for my PM (I'm still writing it, so it'll take a few minutes). :)

16. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,folks: KAV in one of my PCs is due for renewal very soon. I do have an option; either renew it or opted for new alternative. One of the candidates is BitDefender 10. I am impressed by its generous offer of one price for 2 pcs/2 years. Also its rootkit scanner and so forth. I have ZA Pro in place with that pc. Can someone share few words of encouragement or caution ? I will be appreciated.

17. Firecat

I call BitDefender 10 as "Bug-Zan III". Maybe that will help.

Jokes aside, BitDefender 10 is extrmely buggy as a whole at the moment. If you like KAV, stick to it.

18. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Having conflicts with BD 9 and other security applications, I would highly recommend to stay with KAV. I have found KAV to run well with my other security applications, and it has better on-demand detection rates than BD.KAV support is far superior.
    I have not used BD10, but reports here are not good.

Jerry

19. lodore

lodore Registered Member

ye stick with kav if your happy with it and maybe get bitdefender when the bugs are ironed out. or if you looking for an alternitve try antivir premium

20. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Ditto AntiVir.
    Jerry

21. lodore

lodore Registered Member

im glad you seem to be enjoying your trial of antivir.

22. ronbo613

ronbo613 Registered Member

This isn't anything technical, but there is no BD10 upgrade deal for users of BD9? On their website they have the "two users, two years" as the only purchase option?
    As a BD9 user, I hope it goes for another year or two, BD10 isn't showing me anything to run out and upgrade.

23. lodore

lodore Registered Member

as far as io know if you have a curren bitdefender 10 license you can use bitdefender 10 with the same code.

24. Firecat

Upgrade is free, just install the appropriate version of BitDefender 10 and use your existing license key to enjoy the benefits of BitDefender 10 for the remainder of your license.

If you are using Standard version, upgrade to BitDefender 10 standard. If you are using Professional Plus, upgrade to v10 Antivirus Plus and Internet Security users can just upgrade to BD10 Internet Security.

In case you do not want to upgrade, BitDefender 9 should remain supported for at least another year.

25. lodore

lodore Registered Member

is the problem with bitdefender not loading at startup on first reboot fixed yet?

im guessing it is but i wanna make sure

lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.