Bill would give president emergency control of Internet

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Dr payne, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr payne

Dr payne Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2009
  2. Joeythedude

Joeythedude Registered Member

I think its shows how important the web is these days.

and Goverment "control" isn't all bad :)

3. Carver

Carver Registered Member

One of the reasons for switching from analog to digital TV was to freeup bandwith, digital TV uses higher frequencies. The Government uses the Analog frequencies for their privite use, they really don't need to cease the ordinary citizens internet for any reason.

4. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

The U.S President already has the legal authority to shut down/take over transportation services, water and electric services, and telecommunications among other services, restrict all movements of those individuals deemed a threat, and can suspend the Constitution. The addition of the control/suspension of the Internet is nothing more than the government keeping up with the times. Those that have known about the presidential emergency powers were already expecting this for some time now. In other words, it's not "startling" news.

Carver, this extra power is dealing with the event of a massive scale cyber attack, that is its main purpose. An attack on that scale is not going to affect just the government sector, we're all tied in to the same internet. Also, read the article again, it specifically states the private sector. So yes, they indeed could take over/suspend the ordinary users' access.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
  5. Dr payne

Dr payne Guest

Right, look at Cuba for example.
    Why are their people trying to escape the tyrant?
    For more gov control?
    Right, their system is working (NOT!)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2009
  6. eagle5

eagle5 Registered Member

Nothing good ever comes out of allowing one individual to dictate the actions of millions...seems as if we never learn our lesson.

7. Dr payne

Dr payne Guest

You are so right.
    If students would actually read about history, instead of being brainwash by some old used up hippie professor and anti-depressants we might be in a better place.

8. Ugh... I thought this rubbish was over with the Bush years. I guess not.

9. Dr payne

Dr payne Guest

Republicans, democrats no difference. All seeking that glorious power, to run/control our lives.

10. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

The hippies saw all this kind of stuff coming, and I'm actually not making a joke. If you ignore the drugs and the free love parties, the majority of them were quite normal, quite educated kids (No, this isn't coming from a hippie, I'm much too young. I've merely studied their movement and have people close to me who were a part of said movement). This generation of kids 1. Can't see it coming even though it's staring them in the face. 2. Don't really care. By the way, blame parents, schools, and the "experts" in special interest groups for the anti-depressants, not the students.

Gullible Jones, our current President warned you and everyone else not only when he was running for presidency but also while he was in the Senate through his voting. Go back if you can and really go through all of his speeches during the run for presidency. You'll quickly be able to pick up on small things nobody really paid attention to during that time, due to the adoration and wonder of the people and media because of the special circumstances of the election.

11. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

~ May I remind all members of our Terms of Service policy regarding political content, this being a computer security discussion board.

If this bill is ever signed into law, we can discuss its security implications only at a later date. This thread is closed. ~

JR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.