Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pawdrip, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pawdrip

pawdrip Registered Member

Sep 12, 2005
    I would like to forwarn anyone thinking of purchasing a Acronis product through Digital River, especially a wire transfer. I went through Acronis' web site to try to buy True Image for Windows Servers and took the option of following their instructions for a payment by wire transfer. The Web site provided me instructions, which I followed, to wire $708.00 for payment, which my bank completed. I waited and waited to be contacted regarding my purchase, but got nothing. I started contacting Acronis support, which you cannot contact by phone and I understand why--you can't get any results, they can choose to ignore you or just not deal with your problem. I finally called Acronis sales to see if anyone could help me, because right now I'm out $708.00 for absolutly nothing. They told me they could not help me but did give me a phone number for Digital River. I placed my first call to them and was told they were sorry for the delay and confusion, but would take care of it immediatley. 24 hours more passed and I did not receive any email telling me the software could be downloaded or key codes were not provided. I called again, this time I was told they had no record of my wire transfer, and I needed to provide them with my banks record of the transaction, which I did within 10 minutes. That was 2 days ago and I am still waiting for an answer and am still out my $708.00 my bank took from my account. At this point I have been almost 2 weeks and made payment the same day I bought the software online. SO BEWARE!!!!

Digital River is a Minesota based company and if you are defrauded as I have been, you need to file with the Minnesota Attorney Generals ofiice, in St. Paul, MN.

Off topic comment removed-Ron
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2005
  2. plover

plover Guest

All the more reason to purchase products online using a Credit Card.

Good luck.
  3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Apr 28, 2004
    Hello pawdrip,

I have contacted Digital River again. I will contact you as soon as I recieve the response from them and try to help you with the solution.

I am truly sorry for the inconveniences.

Thank you.
    Irina Shirokova
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.