Betty J

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Betty J, Mar 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Betty J

Betty J Registered Member

I am having problems updating manually. When the update window comes up, I click on it then it freezes. When I try to close it, I get a message from my computer that "is not responding". I followed all instructions before downloading and installing and have done so 3 times, still can't update. I haven't changed anything since spywareblaster 3.2 was installed, I could update with it. After trying to get 3.3 to work I went back to 3.2 and can't update with it either. It said it "couldn't update through this updater". Thanks for any suggestions.

windows XP pro
    Avast AV
    Kerio FW
    AdAware
    Spybot
    Don't know about proxys

2. Betty J

Found the cause of my problem. It was my Avast Anti Virus Web Shield, I need to pause it when checking for an update.

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Betty....Welcome to Wilders [​IMG]

Glad you found your problem....and yes Avast has been causing heart burns with Spywareblaster for awhile :eek:

4. Betty J

Thanks for the welcome Bubba. I am glad the problem was solved. I like Avast and want to keep it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.