Best variant of Chromium ?

Discussion in 'polls' started by ReverseGear, Oct 30, 2011.

?

Which 1 ?

1. Chromium

7.3%
  2. Google Chrome

54.5%
  3. Srware Iron

18.2%
  4. Chromeplus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Comodo Dragon

14.5%
  6. Other

5.5%
  1. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

OK, thanks. Have you tried the portable version?

2. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

http://www.conceivablytech.com/9965/products/how-google-can-quickly-update-200-million-chrome-users

But of course, we end users know better and avoid Google Chrome :thumb:

3. Daveski17

4. arsenaloyal

arsenaloyal Registered Member

no,cant say i have,although the installer does give you the option of installing the portable version as well.

5. Daveski17

OK, thanks for the reply.

6. mrpink

mrpink Registered Member

I'm currently trying Dragon (portable) but unfortunately the only two extensions i consider essential, ABP and WOT, don't work properly. WOT's icon is always grey, you have to click it to show you the color, and even worst ABP icon doesn't even appear on the address bar. And i have to change Dragon language to english to see "block element'" in right click menu. Of course it works, but i had to copy Chrome's profil to Dragon to have my own ABP filters.
    Normally i would drop it but i'll keep it for a while to see if it's actually faster than Chrome/Chromium like people say. Sure thing is that it opens instantly, probably because it's natively portable and not made with a launcher like Chrome/Chromium. I haven't decide yet if it loads pages faster, but it feels that way. Also i read somewhere that it is fast only with the default theme, that's not true. Third party themes don't slow it down anymore than any other browser.
    Oh... and i love the logo and the thing that settings are on the left corner

7. arsenaloyal

arsenaloyal Registered Member

I use the installed version of the software not the portable version ,wot and ABP beta work perfectly fine in them.

8. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I've been running Iron for a couple weeks and actually like it much better than Google Chrome. I don't miss GC's updating features as it seemed the browser behaved like it was in some beta stage (with the bugs) as opposed to a final product.

For those that use Iron, is there some update checker of choice or do most just keep an eye out for another release? Or does SRware have a way to email people notice of update releases?

9. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

I've started using Chromium. I moved the binaries to my RAMDisk as well as the entire User_Data folder.

Now every extension and every cache file is loaded up. I allocated 2GB of RAM to this.

10. Daveski17

I have discovered that SRWare's own portable of Iron works much better than the Portable Apps Google Chrome. I have no explanation for this. Overall I have always said that Iron is more responsive than Chrome.

There's Twitter

11. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

Dragon Give me a feel of security

12. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

I wanted to use Chromium 18 but having no PDF reader and built in Flash was no good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.