Best Proxy Switcher (Firefox Addon)

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by TomAZ, Jan 5, 2015.

1. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

For some time, I've been looking for a very simple and easy to use proxy switcher. I finally landed on the Firefox addon: Best Proxy Switcher. It should do everything I need. Not having had much (any) experience with proxies, I have a couple questions:

1) Where can I get an additional free proxy list? BPS already includes a few proxy locations, but I wouldn't mind having a few more to choose from, but I don't need anything crazy.

2) How do I download the list (format, etc.)? I assume it's a text file??

3) How do I import it into Best Proxy Switcher?

2. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

3. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

From your comment, I assume you're not a real big fan of using proxies at all. Right?

4. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

I mainly use VPNs, JonDonym and Tor. When I need HTTPS proxies, I generally use private paid ones, such as from Insorg. If I just need to get around some Tor blockage, I typically use the HideMyAss proxy. Those are businesses, with reputations to protect, so I trust them not to hack me. But still, I only use any of this stuff on VMs, where potential damage is limited.

5. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

I know very, very little about VPNs and/or proxies. So, a very basic and fundamental question. . . why would someone choose to use a proxy?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.