Best Practice for Acronis 9.1 Image Workstation

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Gaprofitt, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaprofitt

Gaprofitt Registered Member

We are currently testing this software and are close to a purchase, however I have a bunch of questions and need some help and or comments.

What are the pro's and con's of using the Backup Server versus just putting the image/backup on a share?

Can I only use the Acronis Secure Zone for restores if I am not using the local version? Obviously if the hard drive completely dies i'm not going to be able to get to the secure zone. Is the secure zone required even if I store the images on the server or can I use a boot disk, etc.

I'd prefer to automate the process but if that reduces my restore options I'll just do it locally. I am assuming I lose my scheduling ability if I don't use the agent.

Basically we have a bunch of non-domain machines in a manufacturing environment which run manufacturing equipment. During the downtime at night it would be ideal to run backups weekly at night but I'd also like to have the ability to use a bootdisk, RIS etc. If I understand correctly this isn't possible if I use the agent. Also i'm assuming the agent requires use of the secure zone to be able to restore the image.

Thanks,

Greg

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Greg,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please note that Acronis Backup Server allows you to automatically manage backup archives, in accordance with the rules, set by an administrator. Acronis Backup Server allows the administrator to set up a uniform backup policy for the entire organization. It ensures optimal employment of storage space, used for backup archives. Outdated archives will be automatically deleted; at the same time, the latest data recovery is always possible. In addition, Acronis Backup Server facilitates creation and executing group backup tasks.

Backup server is a networked computer where Acronis Backup Server is installed. A backup location is an automatically managed storage area for backups on a backup server. An administrator can organize one or more backup locations and set the overall limitations to size/storage time for every location, i.e. quotas and time limits. An administrator can move, clear or delete existing backup locations or edit their quotas and time limits.

You can find the detailed information about Acronis Backup Server in Chapter 3.5 of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation User's Guide.

You can create Acronis Secure Zone and activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager in order to run Acronis True Image using F11 option when you boot your computer.
    However, Acronis Secure Zone is not necessary if you prefer to use Acronis True Image bootable rescue media in order to create/restore an image.

If you want to schedule the image creation of the remote workstations, you should install Acronis True Image Agent in any case.

Please note that Acronis True Image Agent is an application, enabling remote managing of data back up/restore on a networked computer from Acronis True Image Management Console. It does not require to have Acronis Secure Zone in order to restore the image.

Please note that Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation allows you to add Acronis Bootable Agent to the rescue disk or RIS package and you will be able to manage the remote computer, booted from this disk/server, with Acronis True Image Management Console. Thus, you can restore unattended systems from remote locations.

Please find the detailed information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation in the respective User's Guide.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

Please also note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase.

In case you are planning to purchase many copies, please contact our Sales Team at sales@acronis.com.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.