Best NOD32 AV for my Netbook?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by berryracer, Jun 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

I have a netbook with limited specifications, I am using the latest V4 version at the moment with Windows XP.
    I was wondering if I switch back to version 2.7, would I be vulnerable to threats? What sort of performance difference would I notice?

Thanks

2. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

You must be kidding .

Forget about version 2 - it is something from the past that is not gonna repeat anymore.
    (Not that version 4.2 is much different but...) Second , it uses technologies from the past and you can't beat today's and tomorrow's threats with tools from the past.
    Third , it is (goona be) discontinued http://www.eset.eu/press-ESET-Announces-Plan-To-Discontinue-NOD32-Antivirus-2

Forget about it , forget about v2. If you want ESET - the only thing you should use is version 4 . If you find you have problems with , try other AV products.

3. acooldozen

acooldozen Registered Member

I have been using v4.2.40.0 on my little Acer netbook since January of this year...............so far not a glitch.

4. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

right.....version 4 it is then

5. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

As long as your Netbook meets system requirements for a 4x build, you should be good to go.

6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

For what it is worth, I have been using v4.2.40.0 on netbooks with processors similar to yours (Acer Aspire ONE Model D150, Lenovo ThinkPad X100e Type 3508-CTO) and not noticed any problems.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.