Best gnome and kde distro according to your personal day to day use ?

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by mack_guy911, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

i agree gnome is rock solid when comes to stability ;)

by the way i like to take my comment back on mint i tried 32 bit and chromium work like candy

then i try to install chromium in 64 bit it also work well but when i install it after google chrome it wont work i guss that must be the cause

when you install chromium then google chrome it work but when you install google chrome then chromium it wont :D

sorry i am telling form live dvd experience not install on system yet

anyways so far very good distro i highly recommend mint or pclinux if you are newbie to linux or you want out of box experience :D

when you install on your own system i say Daddy... distros like fedora debian mandriva opensuse .....etc are always awesome and great experience you can tweak according to your needs

but when you want to install linux on some else system or dont want to go through all that pain of tweaking childs distros like mint/pclinux are 1st choice

i didnt say about ubuntu because i dont know should i put it as daddy distro or child :D

2. Tony

Tony Registered Member

KDE - PCLinuxOS, for me there is no other, everything just works straight out of the box, I like Pardus but there is always sone bug or another that i can never resolve.

Gnome - Mint, again rock solid, the only thing that did not work out of the box was my wireless card altough this was easily solved with proprietry drivers that were detected and installed once connected via ethernet.

Eagerly awaiting PCLinuxOS 64 bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.