best combo for best security protection

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by cafeshop, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cafeshop

cafeshop Former Poster

HI all,

Our box (winxp & windows 2003 server) is equipped with most power licensed security softwares, includes:
    - Ghost Security Suite (AppDefend & RegDefend) v.1.420 : working on xp client & 2k3 server.
    - KIS7x (only support client OS, WinXP, no 2k3 support)
    - TallEmu Online Armor HIPS firewall v2

It is clear that it is need to have another layer of protection when an executable is to run, an anti-spyware (spywares, worms, antitrojan,...), which ones are provided and proved the best security protect ?

Please post your comments on this. THanks.

PS: a recommended soft would work both on client OS (like winxp) and on Server OS (like windows 2003)

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

First let me say that there is overlap between GSS and Online Armor. Kaspersky's PDM would also overlap with those two.

Also why are you using KIS if you have a separate firewall (OA)?

Lastly, you already have good protection against spyware/trojans/worms. I dont think another program is necessary.

3. hex_614

hex_614 Registered Member

KIS is a great protection. you dont need another firewall such as online armor.
    you need a separate anti spyware program. I Recommend SuperAntiSpyware.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

nod32 business edition works on both xp and server 2003.
    so does f-prot

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

While i used to fork out excessive dollars for this and that only to be let down again and again untill i had enough of it, i now utilize nearly all FREE applications that trump the devil out of the highest dollar commercial offering now and likely for a long time to come.

My best free combos is Surun + Kafu = LUA with strict SRP which comes already included in XP Pro. EQSecure 4.0 Beta is also FREE and extremely configurable and also Power Shadow (early version) is FREE as well as a version of RETURNIL for home use, i even dug back in my archives for a FREE early version of CYBERHAWK for behavioral blocking and there again is FREE & formidable security protection. Then theres Kerio 2.15 w/ specialized rules which is also FREE. As for an alternative browser K-Melon really does live up to it's claim as a very fast browser and is also FREE!

I have some good marketed bought security apps but then i've had them a pretty good while now. And this box now cannot in no way, shape, form, or fashion be either penetrated or sneaked around into by some lame internet exploit, just not happening. For that matter, since TrueCrypt is also FREE! i got some safety against theft too although that wouldn't hurt a thing since i have a ton of FD-ISR archives and backup Images stored in the closets as well as private & public released specialty rootkit analysis tools on good ole Pen Drives which will even fit in your pocket.

I second the suggestion of SAS and as for an AV, with HIPS i quit them cold turkey a long long time ago now and understand now why i'm seeing some very long life from units that should have long bit the dust by now.

A combination is what you feel is in your best interest, there is SandboxIE and a whole host of Virtual Apps & HIPS unless you rather forego those for the AV's Pro-Active approach.

But the best security of all of these is a super reliable imaging app. Although mine is long been PARAGON i found it worth every nickel in DriveSnapshot!!! That app borders on Legendary like FD-ISR Classic in my book and a very worthy investment.

EASTER

6. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Here we go again: best, best, best etc. and before you know this thread is filled with all best brands, combo's, trio's, big bands etc.

PS minus one because that is really the best and I won't tell anybody what that is.:D

Gerard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.