Best blend of protection with my licences?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by silverfox99, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverfox99

silverfox99 Registered Member

I have a laptop running Vista with 2gb RAM (the max for this machine, a Dell Vostro 1000).

I have paid licences for:

KIS
    NIS
    WSA Essentials
    MBAM Pro

Also have paid for HMP.

I like KIS for detection and have that currently running on the laptop on it's own but the laptop struggles a bit with KIS, slows things down, so thinking of a different combination. Any thoughts on best with my licences?

What about Norton DNS + WSA & MBAM Pro real-time? Do they play well together? That way I would get Norton's safe web type from DNS + WSA/MBAM protection?

Appreciate any advice!

2. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Go with NIS+WSA+MBAM PRO+HMP :)

3. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

I would go with WSA (cloud! gotta love the fluff) + MBAM Pro + Hitman Pro

It depends on the user mostly... what you do, how long you rely on it, if you share your laptop with anyone, etc. Importantly, you should trust your setup! If you believe that Norton is needed or Webroot to complement Norton, give it a shot. MBAM provides pretty solid web protection (watch for fps) and Webroot is probably very good too, so Norton DNS is somewhat optional here. ;)

4. Noob

Noob Registered Member

KIS + MBAM + HMP seems like a good combo, although i'm not really sure if KIS would allow you to have MBAM and HMP, the last time i installed KIS it uninstalled all my security software. :rolleyes:

5. Panda Cloud Free + MBAM. Or keep just KIS.

6. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

I am running this combo on ALL five of my systems now and LOVE it...:thumb:

7. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

I would have recommended Panda too, but it wasn't included in OP's description. Oh well. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.