belarc advisor.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by The Red Moon, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Is anybody using this.
    Ive just installed and overwhelmed by the info.
    Any hints and tips please.
    Thanks.

2. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I've used it for years but can't really offer you anything. I'll periodically crank it up or rarely use it because I can't recall some spec. It is really amazing!

3. Niels

Niels Registered Member

The only purpose of this tool is to easily get an overview, if a computer isn't missing any important Windows Security updates, or vulnerable software. It's just a report tool and audit tool. In a working environment it's very handy to verify if the security settings on the clients are properly configured.

4. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Not to mention that it records the keys that you need to reinstall some of your Windows software - i.e. keep a hard copy handy for just this purpose.

5. layman

layman Registered Member

I have found nothing that provides a more comprehensive inventory of installed software. Unfortunately, Belarc Advisor does so in an html format that is not easily scraped (I like having the ability to compare snapshots in order to see what has changed.) Depending on what you are looking for, you might find WinAudit would fit the bill. It's freeware. You can find it at WinAudit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.