BartPE says image corrupted. WindowsXP says its not. ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by grit621, Oct 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grit621

grit621 Registered Member

I did a fresh install of WinXP with SP2 slipstreamed in. I updated (via Windows update) and installed Acronis True Image. I created a disc image with ATI (version 3677) and verified it.

*note* I am using an Intel P965/ICH8R chipset motherboard, which the ATI rescue CD does *NOT* support.

Thus, I created a BartPE boot CD with the proper drivers an ATI plug-in. I booted into BartPE and attempted to restore the above mentioned image. ATI in BartPE says the image archive is corrupted. I rebooted back into WinXP, started ATI and checked the image. According to ATI in WinXP, the image is fine. This problem occurred with one other image I made 9 months ago, and not at all with an image I made 1 month ago. (No other images available to test).

So, why does BartPE ATI (with proper drivers) show the image corrupted when WindowsXP ATI does not?

2. Christopher_NC

Christopher_NC Registered Member

A bug in TI 9.1 is being reported, where Images are reported as corrupt, that are not. Acronis support says to disregard the message and restore anyway. Perhaps this same behavior is haunting you? Can you continue to restore the Image after TI reports it as corrupt?

Are you certain that the version of TI you are using in the BartPE environment is compatible with the version of Image(s) you are verifying? Mustang makes excellent BartPE and ReatogoXPE Acronis Plugins, but there are several TI plugins for the various builds.

Mustang's BartPE Plugins

3. grit621

Just to clarify, I'm using Acronis True Image Home, version 9.0, build 3,677. This is the version I used to make the backup in question.

I obtained the ATI BartPE plug-in from the Acronis website.

Unfortuntely, when the BartPE plug-in reports the image as corrupt, it forces you to select another file.

4. grit621

Problem resolved

When you install the latest version of ATI, it will offer you the option to install the BartPE files as well. I made the mistake of finding the link on Acronis' website to the BartPE files.

The link on the Acronis website to download the BartPE files points to an outdated build of True Image.

Personally, I'm tired of Acronis' poor support. At the very least, remove the download link and put a note there so users will know how to get the correct version rather than follow Acronis' misguided support. I think that is unacceptable. In fact, my original problem has been a result of Acronis not supporting the intel ICH8 controller via the recovery CD. After reading several posts, it appears Acronis has an ISO that contains working drivers for ICH8, but you MUST contact tech support and WAIT for them to send you the link. Furthermore, this isn't listed ANYWHERE on their website; rather, I found this out AGAIN from other users who had posted on the forums. Simply POSTING this information where users can EASILY find it would go a LONG way to improving customer satisfaction and getting people to continue to purchase your product. I will in fact be looking at other backup software solutions; not because True Image is insufficient, but because Acronis' tech support is insufficient.

Furthermore, *I* do NOT deserve the credit for discovering this. Another user pointed this out in a thread I found (sorry, I should have kept the link to give the proper poster credit).

5. max0071

max0071 Registered Member

Grit, if I understand you the current version of ATI download for BartPe is on the ATI disk not at the website link. One can download the "current" ATI for BartPe from the cd ATI disk and not their website. One would think the website would be current. I concur ATI should do what you suggested and not make their loyal customers go thru hoops to learn that the link is outdated. If it were not for the product and this forum I would have also been long gone!!!

6. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Hang on folks - isn't the plug in on the Acronis site the one for v8? As the v9 ones are now part of the install so long as CUSTOM is chosen for the setup type.

Colin

PS Whoops sorry I see you've just made that point max0071.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.