BartPE: Environment for customers for EasyRestore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dedtu, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dedtu

dedtu Registered Member

Hi,

I've been searching for a solution for this problem for a long time.
    This is the situation I'm currently in:

We need to create an environment für our customers to do some restoring using, of cousre, Acronis ;)

We want to create a C# application, in the design of our software, the customers know to use, to recover an image.
    Mr. Denzer from Acronis told me about the BartPE solution, in combination with TrueImageCmd.exe, to call these file with some parameters, discribed in the Acronis Users Manual.

My first, sure not my only question for the next time :) , is:
    How to get the Acrons Status bar into our Application ?
    Is it possible to pipe these continously into a variable which we can read out every second for example ?

I know, a little bit of topic, but maybe you'll know this too:
    How is it possible to write something into this BartPE environment ?
    Everytime I try to save something, into a variable or txt file for example, it says acces denied. Ok, I understand the problem: It is not possible to write on the DVD, but isn't it possible to write into the ram ?
    Maybe there is a solution, but I don't know the right words to google for this...

I hope you can help me,
    thankfully yours,

Dominik

2. dedtu

dedtu Registered Member

Sorry, but I forgot one thing...:

It is not possible to use the One-Click-Recovery Feature from Acronis:

When recovering an image back to a new, bigger hard disk, one-click restore always tries to fit the image to the full size of the hard drive.
    Usually it should be great to have a bigger Partition, but for us, it doesn't work:
    we're running chkdsk quite often, and it would take a too long time.
    10 GB are checked more faten then 500 GB, you know...

Thanks for your help,
    Dominik

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dominik,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

Actually, the main problem is related to the juristic legitimacy of what you want to do. If you want to modify Acronis software and to use it for the commercial purposes, you should contact our sales representatives, they should offer you the appropriate license program. After that the appropriate task will be created, and the respective department will help you.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

4. mustang

mustang Developer

I suggest you look into using MustangPEBuilder 2 (see the website in my signature). It is custom built to use plugins in exe format written in any language. MustangPE is using WinPE 2.0. That means it has the built in feature of File Based Write Filter. This allows you to "write to the CD/DVD".

All the information you need to know about plugin writing is in Doc files and a Sample Plugin.

5. dedtu

dedtu Registered Member

Hello Support,

thank you for your answer !

Well, we had a meeting in our office with Mr. Pagel and Mr. Denzler from Acronis Germany.
    Mr. Denzler told me about this opportunity with BartPE.
    First, we wanted to buy the SDK but then he told us to do it the way described above.

Well, I already started with BartPE.
    I`m not really glad to use another tool now.
    I heard about a possibility to write into the RAM using a RAMDRIVE Tool.
    What do you thing ?
    Should I really use another tool, just because for the problems with the RAM ?

Thank you for all your answers,
    I`ll give you a feedback when I know any further information..

Greets, Dominik

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.