bare metal restore problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jlscheele, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlscheele

jlscheele Registered Member

I have acronis 11
    my old hard drive is dying and locking up but before it did I did a full back up and made a fresh boot recovery disc

here is what I did
    I have the new disc installed did nothing to it other than plug it in

I boot off the recovery disc

I select recovery

I navigate to my external usb drive where I have my backed up data and select it

select restore discs / partitions

it makes my usb drive think for a while but them it doesn't show the new disc to send the backup to.

question
    do I need to format the new disc first?

Thanks for any help in advance
    John

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Your procedures are correct. You do not need to format first.

What is your OS? What type disk IDE or SATA? If IDE, is it jumpered the same? If SATA, is it attached to same controller point as the original? Recheck your connectors.

Try this. Again boot from the TI Rescue CD. Choose the "Add Disk" function just to see if the blank disk is displayed? Choose cancel to back out of that screen option. If the drive is seen, try again the restore option. Sometimes recognizing the drive takes a few minutes.

3. fungus

fungus Registered Member

John:
    I know that people say that a blank new drive works but with TI v10 I had problems like you mention.

I then used Win XP to partition and quick format the new drive and then booted from the TI CD and then everything about restoring the image worked as expected.

Fungus

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jlscheele,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image 11 Home

First of all please make sure that you are using the latest build of the program 8101. Check it in Help -> About. You can always download the latest build of the program from your account under Registered Products. You can also download free trial version of Acronis True Image Home 2009, create Acronis bootable disc and restore the image using it.

If the issue still persists send me the serial number for Acronis True Image 11 Home via PM with reference to this thread and I will provide you ISO image of Acronis bootable disc which will solve the issue.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.