Bad universal restores - oem3.inf

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by paulf123, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulf123

paulf123 Registered Member

I find sometimes universal restores mess up and on trying to boot after a restore the system either rebootloops or boots up with no keyboard or mouse functionality. When this happens there are oem.inf errors in the TI log. In this particular case (no keyboard or mouse) it is oem3.inf. The image was made on a generic PC (non OEM and not with an OEM XPP.) Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks!

2. poseidon0380

poseidon0380 Registered Member

no one say something wrong?

3. mustang

mustang Developer

The message in the UR log about an inf file that could not be parsed probably has nothing to do with the no mouse and keyboard problem. If you look in C:\Windows\inf for the file (oem3.inf in your case), you will usually find it is an empty file. TI can't parse it simple because it is empty. If this is the case, the error message is meaningless.

I don't know why some restores come up with no mouse and keyboard. I have seen this problem with TI and other similar product. This problem is not limited to Acronis. Search this forum for posts by homer007 regarding Universal Restore. You will find a workaround that has always fixed this problem for me. It involves using BartPE to inject a program called HWPnP.exe into the new system and editing the registry to make the program RunOnce on boot. This makes Windows detect the mouse and keyboard very quickly on the next boot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.