Bad/Slow performance after installing Bitdefender Total Security 2016

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Surreal90, Jan 26, 2016.

1. TheNit

TheNit Registered Member

After doing all of this, try turning off Intrusion Detection. It was a workaround given to me by BD Support in 2014 (with BD IS 2014).

2. Surreal90

Surreal90 Registered Member

Hi mate, It was set to "Permissive" by default.

3. quietman

quietman Registered Member

I always use " Everything " , free from Voidtools to find remnants of all kinds .

It's the business !

Best search tool I ever used ..... makes the Windows Search look prehistoric in comparison

..... if only there was a Linux version ( or equivalent ) .

4. TheNit

TheNit Registered Member

I've finally decided to uninstall Total Security. I've had the problem with Fin_Wait_2's when watching flash videos and BD support has had me trying various things. Uninstalling MBAM, changing register settings (FIN_WAIT_2 timeouts) and basically disabling all the settings in BD (intrusion Detection, scan ssl's, etc.). I finally realized that I'm basically disabling all of the functions that I purchased BD Total Security for so what's the point? Now I just have to figure out what product to try next. Maybe I'll just go with an AV package and use the WIndows Firewall. Never used Wallet and Safepay. Don't need parental controls. It also drove me crazy when you log on and BD goes to check for updates and your computer freezes for a minute or two.

5. TheNit

TheNit Registered Member

Do any of you people with the FIN_WAIT_2 problems have a hardware firewall? I realized that my 2wire modem had a (hardware) firewall and I have been having this FIN_WAIT_2 problem. Today I tried turning off my router firewall (Stealth Mode off, Ping Mode off) and the problem magically went away. No FIN_WAIT_2's in TCPVIEW, no left over connections after stopping my browser (IE) after watching Flash Videos. Seems BD may have a conflict with hardware firewalls. I am waiting on BD for suggestions to resolve this.

6. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

OMG, BD still have such problems? :eek:

7. haakon

haakon Guest

No.

8. jjc225

jjc225 Registered Member

I'm back to BD now on one of my computers, and so far no slowdowns. Running quite nice actually. It looks like the slowdown issues have been solved.

9. ance

ance formerly: fmon

Yes.

10. entropism

entropism Registered Member

I had BD installed for about a week, last month. Started out fine, then dragged down the system considerably. At least this time it was stable, which was more than I could say for previous versions.

11. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Familiar experience with Bitdefender. In some system it works perfect and in some cases it just causes problems (as in my PC).:rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.