Bad News re Wise Registry Cleaner

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bellgamin, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

@ bellgamin, I tried Wise sandboxed in SandboxIE and did a monitored install under it. I unchecked the 3 boxes refer to Ask toolbar. I din't find any Ask'registry entry or file about. Maybe it's needed to unchecked such boxes for each unlike the main box only.

I agree with ced: Tune Up Utilities 2007 Free has a reg. cleaner safe and trusty, not aggressive, without to want clean many items; in general users like to see many items to clean in a Reg. Cleaner - thus they think it does a good work... In fact with the Registry, clean too much is the first step to have many troubles. Quantity isn't quality with the Registry.

It's why I don't advice Reg Cleaners like Wise, Comodo, RegSeeker (a good reg. searcher; a dangerous reg. cleaner): to show a section with unsafe items is a temptation to use it and this feeling isn't safe... and their safe entries need to be checked, just in case...

Argent has an user-friendly interface; noticed though that it found some invalid items in software section wrongly; MSI'based mainly; it seems that likes to clean invalid value including key regarded: not good at all! Argent could be a good cleaner further along; but needs to improve their scan algoritm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.