Bad handling with secure zone!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MartinH, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MartinH

MartinH Registered Member

Hi,
    I had maked an image to the secure zone yesterday and some incrementals. Now I wanted to overwrite them all with a new full image.
    But it doesn't overwrite the old images, so I have now the old full image, the incrementals for this and then the new image.
    I read that the secure zone will start to overwrite the old images automatically when it goes full. That would be no problem, BUT!
    When I start checking the new image, it started scanning all of them, including the old image!
    I tested the old image yesterday and it's o.k.

When I make a new image in the secure zone I want to check this new image only.
    And I think it would be better, if it overwrites the old images.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MartinH,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Currently the only behaviour possible is the one you have described. As a workaround I can propose that you decrease the size of Acronis Secure Zone to minimum and then create the new full image. In this case Acronis True Image will replace the old image with the new one.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. MartinH

Is there an update planned for the next builds?
    For example an screen, where one can choose the image in the secure zone to check, like the screen in which one can choose the image in the s.zone to restore?

4. Acronis Support

Hello MartinH,

We are planning to implement several improvements concerning Acronis Secure Zone, special explorer for it being the major one. However, the date of the improvements is not decided yet. We expect it be done in future versions of Acronis True Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. MartinH

Do you mean with "versions", that it will not be free to update?
    I think it is very important to make the secure zone more functional.
    The current version of True image cannot realize the promised function range, when it is working with the secure zone.

6. Acronis Support

Hello MartinH,

These enhancement will not be in current version of Acronis True Image because they concern basic functionality and its implementation is quite difficult.

Current version of Acronis True Image fully supports the delared functionality. We have never promised any explorer for Acronis Secure Zone in Acronis True Image 8.0. We do have the Enhancement List with the enhancement described above.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. MartinH

o.k. I can understand this.

But one thing, that should not be so difficult to implement it:
    A button which deletes all content of the secure zone, except the recovery manager and the partition.
    With such a button all my problems wouldn't be there.
    It is possible only to make such a button in a future build?

8. Acronis Support

Hello MartinH,

We will take your wish into account. However, this button will be useless after the better Acronis Secure Zone management implementation.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

9. MartinH

I know, but it would be a little improvement for the version 8 users!

10. Acronis Support

Hello MartinH,

Please note that when you verify the image stored in Acronis Secure Zone you will always verify the last created full image and its incrementals. So in your case you do not need the button you have described.

I am glad you understand the situation with improvements. It is unlikely that such button to be introduced into the current version of Acronis True Image, I am afraid. However, please note that upgrades to the next version are cheaper than the full version and this is the main benefit for our customers who use current version.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

11. MartinH

Mh..
    I made one full image of 3 partitions (first: Dell's hidden partition: 65mb, second: c:, third: d:)
    When I started to scan it said: action 1 of 2
    o_O
    Both actions took time like scanning two images.
    Could it be that with "action 1" it means C: and with "action 2" it means d: ?
    If it is so, why isn't there an "action 3" for the Dell partition?

12. MartinH

ohh..
    I have an idea! When I started to create the image, it automatically made an image of the whole hard-drive because all partitions were chosen.
    Could it be that "action 1" scans the "primary" and "action 2" the "logical" ?

13. Acronis Support

Hello MartinH,

During the verification process Acronis True Image scans the whole file without deviding it into primary and logical partitions. Please let me know what is written on the screen with the "Proceed" button before you press it.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

14. MartinH

My harddrive is very big (475 Gbyte).
    170 Gb for the secure zone.
    When I make an image in the secure zone that is 70 Gb and then I make another image that is 90 Gb, I want to scan the latest image.
    But TI seems to scan all images.
    That doubles the verification time.

15. MartinH

16. Acronis Support

Hello MartinH,

I need to correct myself. Actually, Acronis True Image does verify all the imaged in Acronis Secure Zone and the process is displayed on the screen with the progress bar. However, usually a single set of images (full and subsequent incrementals) are stored in Acronis Secure Zone and the verification process doesn't matter.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

17. MartinH

Then I will do the verification process at a time when I don't need to use the pc.
    One question about another thing:
    It is mostly important for me to make images of the boot partition (c:).
    Images of D: I want to make only all two weeks.
    When I have created an image of all partitions (dell's hidden, C:, D:) and I only make an incremental of C:, and later I make an incremental of c: and D:, does this work correctly?

18. Acronis Support

Hello MartinH,

Yes, it will work. When you create the incremental Acronis True Image will take into account all the existing image files (full and incrementals). Please note that if you need to restore the incremental image you will need to have all previous incrementals and full image.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.