Backup & Recovery doesn't recognize image files

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by rebell1952, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebell1952

rebell1952 Registered Member

I used Backup and Recovery 10 recovery disk to backup my entire drive before installing Windows 7. I backed up to a partion on my 500GB external hard drive. The image files are listed there in Windows Explorer and when I browse the drive using the recovery disk. But when I attempt to restore the backup to another hard drive, only one of the image files is shown, that being Img_D0.pbf. None of the other image files list when I use the Backup Wizard. I need to restore this backup as there are a few gigs of photos that did not get transferred after installing Windows 7, so the only place they now exist is in these image files. Can someone tell me what's going on hereo_O?

2. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

I'm not sure why the images aren't showing up, but what I would recommend to get those images back would be to install B&R on your new OS, and use the file transfer wizard (ftw.exe located in the program directory) to navigate to the archive and extract only the files you need, this also saves you the trouble of restoring the entire image, which would take more time and use up more resources then necessary.

3. rebell1952

rebell1952 Registered Member

It appears that your suggestion is going to work. I didn't know that the file transfer wizard could read the image files and extract only those files I needed. Thank you. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.