Backup & Recovery 2013 Free (encryption ?)

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by solorize, Jul 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solorize

solorize Registered Member

Hi,

Does anyone know by default (or by selecting somewhere),
    if Backup & Recovery 2013 Free encrpyts the data when
    it does a backup?

I already backup with a password. But am not sure if
    it actually encrpypts the data.

Thanks in advance.

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

You can assume that it doesn´t. I have never seen an explicit reference to encryption in any Paragon document.

3. solorize

solorize Registered Member

Hi Robin, thanks for confirming.

-Mark

4. JosephB

JosephB Registered Member

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  5. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

GOST seems to be a weak algorithm developed in the Cold War era. It´s not a standard like AES, and the name "GOST" doesn´t usually appear in any Paragon document. Other imaging programs use the standard 256-bit AES algorithm.

The images I create with Paragon HDM only contain the Windows partition, and I´m not particularly interested in encrypting them. But if encryption was important to me, I´d use another imaging program.

6. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I find that I have only a few files I consider needing encryption so I deal with them as an entity and don't bother worrying about the issues of whole disk encryption, or image encryption.

If you are responsible for other people's personal information or sensitive corporate information, I applaud the efforts you take to keep it secure. Too many fools carry such info unsecured on a laptop, tablet or USB drives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.