Backup of Data - File or Folder Locked by Process

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jixes, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jixes

Jixes Registered Member

We have recently upgrade to the True Image Restore Workstation 8353, from 8206 and installed Acronis and installed the remote agent on the client machines.

I have a daily incremental backup task which backups up a users profile data (rather than complete h/disk) which previously ran fine, however now on 3 computers (so far) it displays a warning message (see attached file) stating the files are locked and requires user intervention.

http://www.soula.co.uk/acronis.jpg

This never use to happen all backups would just run in the background without any issues and no matter what files/programs where running. It doesn't happen when you backup the complete disk rather than just a selection of files.

As I only did the upgrades to 8353 and installed the agent software (previously not installed on version 8206) yesterday, I will run further tests to try and diagnose the extent of the problem/no of user affected and upfdate this thread with my findings

Any ideas on the cause?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  2. Jixes

Jixes Registered Member

Just to clarify my post above, when creating a scheduled task there are two options, backup 'My computer' or 'My Data'. When using version 8353 (latest) the 'My Data' option doesn't work if the files it is backing up are in use. However this was never a problem with version 8206.

I have uninstalled version 8353 and reinstalled 8206 and scheduled task using the 'My Data' option of my profile backup now works even with Applications such as Firefox, Outlook and Skype open.

There must be a reason for this......whats different in the latest version of 8353 to 8206o_O

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jixes,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Echo Workstation

Have you reinstalled Acronis Agents on remote machines after updating? Please do so and see if the issue persists.

There is an issue can be with the compression algorithm. To avoid this, in the task options, set the compression level to none.
    Try running separate backup tasks, so that the amount of files in a onetime backup will be reduced.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

4. Jixes

Jixes Registered Member

I did uninstall the previous version of true agent but it didn't resolve the issues.

I have now rolled back all computers to version 8206 and don't have any issues. I am happy with this solution.

Can you tell me where I can download version 8206 of the server and universial restore as i would like to keep all the software to the same version?

Your web site only seems to offer the lastest versions for the registered products.

Thanks

James

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello James,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

You can contact our Live chat service available here, our Live chat operators will help you.

Also you can let us know via PM your license number for Acronis True Image Echo Workstation and Acronis Universal Restore, we will send you the installation files. Or just let us know via PM the e-mail address under which you have registered the serial numbers.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.