Backup Image Will Not Boot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mark Lasky, May 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Lasky

Mark Lasky Registered Member

I have a Proliant ML 330 with two SCSI drives. Windows 2003 Small Business Server is installed and the drives are mirrored using Windows as dynamic disks.

Here is my problem:

I am able to image Drive C: with Acronis 8. I am able to restore the image to a new larger SCSI drive. When I boot the new drive with the new image here is what happens:

1) Windows starts the boot because I see the Windows 2003 Server Boot screen. The Boot menu comes up showing the Windows 2003 and the mirror plex drive. When I choose to boot from the Windows 2003 line the system starts to boot and I see the Windows Logo and then after about three seconds the machine reboots.

Do you think if I break the mirror before I try the image backup that might help?

An ideas would be greatly aprreciated.

Mark

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mark Lasky,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Could you please describe the issue in more details: what is the exact name of the product that you use? Did you perform the restore process when booted from Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue Media or did you use Acronis True Image in Windows? Please explain your step-by-step actions which you took that led you to this issue. Please also send us a screen shot of the error, if possible.

Please also repair the MBR (Master Boot Record) of the hard disk using one of the following methods:

Windows 2000/XP/2003 – boot from Installation Disc (CD) into Recovery Console and run "fixmbr" command.

If you experience problems using the above solution, then please download special Acronis utility from http://download.acronis.com/support/mbrautowrite_en.exe. Use it to create a floppy and boot the machine from the floppy.

If you prefer to a fix MBR using a CD, then please download special Acronis utility from http://download.acronis.com/support/mbrautowrite_en.iso. Use it to create a CD and boot the machine from the CD.

The MBR will be rewritten once you boot the computer from the created media and confirm that you want to fix the MBR.

Please also note that if Acronis True Image Server 8.0 for Windows runs from Bootable Rescue media, dynamic disks will be not accessible. To be able to restore a system partition, you must keep its image on a basic, network, or removable disk.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: May 11, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.