Backup (files- folders) problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by viroz, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. viroz

viroz Registered Member

Guys Im trying to backup with remote management console from one pc to other and then i realise that the (backup) operation progress stay at 0% or 3% it depends of the folder. Some folders were backup propertly but am still unable to backup some other folders.... no error message appears the progress just stack...

I choose the option to validate backup archive after the backup ends and it always comes up an error message that the backup is corrapted but when i do a restore all my files seems to be ok...

Anyone has an idea about this o_O o_O

2. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Have you tried running the process with your Anti-Virus and Firewall switched OFF?

(If you are on Broadband remember to disconnect from the Internet before you switch your AV and FW off and again remember to switch them back on before you reconnect).

3. viroz

viroz Registered Member

it might be something that blocks the folders ? because the firewall is currently off on both pc's.
    For Anti Virus both pcs are running NOD32.

Is there a possibility NOD32 cause the problem ?

By the way i forgot to mention that before installing the Remote Management Console I tried to backup these folders with True Image Enterprise Server after enable sharing (i made the folders shared and choosed them from Network List) and it worked.

After installing Console management i am in front of this problem ...

Any help ?

Thank you.

4. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Possibly. Firewalls and Anti-Virus programs are setup by default to prevent the spread of malware over a network. It is possible that there may be something in this process that your AV has been programmed to monitor or stop.

However, based on your latest post, it seems that there may be a possibility that there is a confict with RMC.

Suggest that you first disable your AV and do a test run and see if this resolves the problem. If not then please report back to the Forum.

5. viroz

viroz Registered Member

I did disable it but the same problem again ...

anything new ?

thanks for the help

6. viroz

viroz Registered Member

After trying to use Backup Server I figure out that when im trying to Browse through Acronis Bacup Servers tree on my left side acronis getting stack :/
    Lot of problems guys anyone who can give me any help ??

Thank you.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello viroz,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build of the corresponding Acronis True Image version (build 3718 for both Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server) which is available for downloading in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please uninstall the previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing the latest one.

Note that you should update all components you have installed including the local version of Acronis True Image, Acronis True Image Agents, Acronis True Image Management Console, Acronis Backup and Group Servers. It is obligatory for all components to be of the same build on order to interact correctly.

Also note that you should create a new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem persists with the latest build of the corresponding Acronis True Image version, please check each partition of both the source (i.e. hard drive that you back up) and destination (i.e. disk you save the resulting backups to) hard drives by Windows utility: use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive. Note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

Please also download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging on the machine that you try to backup (i.e. computer having Acronis True Image Agent installed and running), try to create a backup once more and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists after checking the hard drives and updating the drivers, please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post for the computer that you back up;

- What exact folders did you try to back up? Let us know which of these folders the problem occurs with.

Please also make a screen shot of the Device Tree application (for the computer that you try to back up):

- Download and unpack the Device Tree application;

- Run the application;

- Completely unfold the \Driver\Disk and \Driver\FtDisk branches;

- Move the margin to the left in order to see all the items;

- Make a screen shot.

If the problem appears with the latest build (371:cool: of either Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation or Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server then you can ignore the validation result, as your file-based backups still can be restored with no problems. The point is that any file-based backup created by means of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server or Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation build 3718 fails to be validated and is reported as corrupt. This issue is known and will be fixed as soon as possible. We are very sorry for the current inconvenience.

Please let us know if the problem appears with the build other than 3718. We'll provide you with the further information in this case.

If the problem persists with the latest build of the corresponding Acronis True Image version (after re-installing all of the components including Acronis Backup Server) then please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post for the computer where Acronis Backup Server is installed;

- Describe the way you browse the contents of Acronis Backup Server in more details;

- Let us know when the program is "getting stack" exactly;

- Describe the structure of your network in detail.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.