Backup and Recovery 2013 Free Startup

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Charyb, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charyb

Charyb Registered Member

Using Paragon Backup and Recovery 2012 free, while starting the program in advanced mode, it would take approximately 5 seconds to show the splash screen and another 25 seconds for the program to fully open.

I performed a clean install of Paragon Backup and Recovery 2013 free and it still takes about the same amount of time (30 seconds) for the program to open.

Is this normal?

Thanks

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

It takes several seconds- it is checking every time and generating log files ( you can find them in "program" folder. )

It is being cautious.

3. Charyb

Charyb Registered Member

I just made a video to get a more accurate time and it actually takes approximately 62 seconds for the program to open in advanced mode. This isn't just several seconds.

Is this how long it takes for the program to open for you?

What should be considered normal?

I don't have any other program installed on my computer that takes this long.

Thanks

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

I just timed it.

20 seconds on my machine. I have several partitions, including a couple of Linux.

It will depend on how many drives /partitions of different types, and the speed of your machine.

60 odd seconds is surprising. Not sure what it is about your system that is causing that.

You could turn off your a/v temporarily and see if that is interfering.

5. Charyb

Charyb Registered Member

OK. Thanks for the advice. I will check this when I get a chance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.