Backup and Recovery 10 Suite Comments

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by reedm, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reedm

reedm Registered Member

I installed a trial copy of B&R 10 Suite, and as have others, was immediately assulted by the System Backup 2010 Screen. First, I agree with others, that there should be a one click way to completely disable this "feature". Lacking that, I tried the approach previously recommended.

Note that I am running XP Pro SP3. I opened msconfig from Start>Run, and turned off dbhagent.exe. I could not find dbhservice.exe anywhere in msconfig. (Note, this does not mean that it is not here, only that it did not jump out at me.) I restarted, and got several error messages indicating that windows was not pleased with my actions. I OKed my way out and restarted. System Backup was back.

This time I got a bit cleverer, and went into Control Panel>Admin Tools>Services, and scrolled down until I found Paragon System Backup Services. I stopped this service. I went back into msconfig and restopped dbhagent.exe, and rebooted.

Everything came up fine this time. No System Backup 2010 in the System Tray. I launched B&R just fine.

Things seem to be working OK. I am not sure about the utility of having the Express Mode come up first. Perhaps some folks like this. I prefer to use the Full Scale interface. Perhaps there could be a way to select which screen comes up first. An alternate approach to avoiding all this would be to use DB 10 Workstation, for the modest additional cost.

Reed

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Thanks Reedm,

I'm sure other users will find this helpful. I can understand why we've steered the direction of BR10 to be more automated for our end users as compared to our previous product Drive Backup 9 Personal. A majority of our personal users simply just want a full system backup of their computer, and BR10 does just that effortlessly. And as long as we offer both advanced and beginner options for our users, customers like yourself, will be resourceful enough to pick and choose what they want to use.

We will continue our efforts to assist customers all the way when they choose Paragon :)

3. denniz

denniz Registered Member

I don't see what the problem is in making System Backup an optional component during the installation...

During my first 2 test-installs System Backup gave me nothing but problems. I wanted to run Drive Backup, but System Backup kept insisting that Drive Backup could not be started because another Paragon component was already active...

Also I have almost 4 terabyte of total hard drive space.. you seriously expected me to buy another 4TB, as recommended by System Backup as minimum free space required to complete the backup...

:cautious:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.