Backing up to DVD:

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tronic592001, Oct 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tronic592001

tronic592001 Registered Member

I now how to backup to DVD by formating my DVD's!!

What ive been trying is to backup onto same internal drive then copy my 2gig files on to a erazed set of DVD's.(dvd-rw)

Backing up onto same drive no problem, but cant seem to copy files to DVD!!!!

After doing some googleing come to the decision that copying files is better than formating: just erazeing, more time consuming but safer....

:rolleyes:bump

Last edited: Oct 24, 2005
  2. tronic592001

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello tronic592001,

First question. When you say copy, do you mean drag-and drop onto the DVDs or burn them as an DVD-ROM (ISO) compilation?

Regards

4. tronic592001

Menorcaman thanks for replie

iso please

:oops:

5. Menorcaman

O.K. More questions:

1. What exactly is the problem.
    2. What CD/DVD burning software do you use.
    3. Have the DVDs been previously UDF packet writing formatted.
    4. What with and how have you erased the DVDs.
    5. Internal or external CD/DVD burner.

Regards

6. tronic592001

Menorcaman

Well ive got two puters both running windows xp, on my main puter ive got easy cd creator. so i can eraze or format in other words no problems.

on my second puter there is no easy cd creator or anyway to format dvd-+rw disks. so my only alternative is to eraze dvd rw disk then copy my acronis files from hard drive to dvdrw.

So i would like to now how i can copy to dvd from hard drive onto a erazed dvd disk!!!!

:ninja:

7. Menorcaman

Hi tronic592001,

You still haven't said what the problem is exactly!! Are you in fact asking for instructions on how to burn DVD-ROM (ISO) compilations using Easy CD Creator or are you receiving an error message whilst trying to do so? I'm afraid I use Nero/InCD recording software so am unable to provide step-by-step instruction for Easy CD Creator if that's what you require.

However, in general terms, for ISO compilations you must use blank DVDs. Which means, if a DVD has previously been UDF packet writing formatted to enable drag-and-drop file copying, you must remove the UDF file system via your packet writing software. By saying you have "erased" the DVDs I'm assuming you've removed any UDF packet writing format.

After that, you need to open up the non packet writing part of your recording software to create a new DVD-ROM (ISO) compilation. Use the "Browse" feature of your software to locate the 2GB .tib files on your hard drive. Drag the first two of your 2GB .tib into the "Compilation" window and burn the DVD as an ISO Compilation (an ISO Compilation is not the same as an ISO Image). Repeat this for any remaining 2GB .tib files (maximum of two per DVD).

I recommend that you burn the DVDs at around half the maximum speed of your recorder in order to reduce the likelyhood of corrupt recordings.

If you need more detailed instructions on the use of Easy CD Creator then, hopefully, someone else can chip in.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.