Backing up to a DVD+RW on another PC

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jayeskay, Oct 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayeskay

jayeskay Registered Member

I'm running the trial version at the moment - making as many different configurations of backups and restores as possible.

This one comes up with very serious results.
    PC1 has four partitions (all fat32).
    Using the backup wizard I selected two of the data partitions to backup to a DVD+RW on PC2.

The process starts OK as it analyses the partitions, but as soon as it tries to write to the DVD on PC2 - PC2 detects a "serious error" and shuts itself down then restarts stating that it has corrected a serious error.

I can copy files using Windows Explorer from PC1 to PC2

Anyone had this problem, or am I expecting too much from TI8.

Jayeskay

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jayeskay,

The creating image process you have described is very unususal. However, it should work. Please note that you should use the formatted DVD discs and also a third-party DVD-writing software should be installed on the computer with DVD burner.

If the problem continues to occur please try to write several files from the PC1 to the DVD burner on the PC2 and let us know the result of this action.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.