background being replaced

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Griogair, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Griogair

Griogair Registered Member

....i am sure that my ramblings by now are getting annoying,having about a million problems in the last week or so...but i hav had had no more problems with the problem recently delt with...only,my background has been replaced by a huge black ardvert telling me to get some sort of software....it was an html documen stored in c drive,calling itself windows...this i deleted...now the black ardvert no longer replaces my background but whatever program starting the image is still running and replaces my background with a blank.o_O

i am at a total loss o_O as other symptoms such as redirecting my searches to some sort of .biz site are also present.

if you are able to help this last time i promise i will do everything in my power not to bother you and try better to solve my own problems

thanks for probably the hundredth time,
    griogair!

p.s. i know im in the rong forum section....but i didnt know what type of problem to post it under?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Griogair, this post will be moved shortly into the appropriate forum.

Can you please follow the instructions found here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=50662

These instructions are very specific and should result in you having a clean system.

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Moved to Privacy Problems.;)

snowbound

4. Griogair

thanks...am really grateful for the general help link...i felt really bad asking over and over things i might be able to solve myself...must be frustrating for people with larger more complex problems..no to mention you guys...ill have a go at it tomorro as ive been playing with this ****ing computer for hours now,not to mention all last week and im tired! ill reply tomorrow and let you know how i get on.

thanks (once again!!!)

griogair stewart

p.s. love the translated quote...prety much sums up how i was feeling!

5. Blackspear

No problem at all, ask away, and keep asking, we will get you sorted, then we'll get you secure ;) :D

The quote I think is brilliant, part of my motto in life...

Hear from you tomorrow :D

6. Griogair

hi,

sory it wasnt sooner but it took a couple of goes.

i downloaded and carried out all the steps mentioned in the link.
    strangely enough,the html page that replaced my background has not showed its ugly face since i draged the page down far enough to click on the close icono_O i had difficulty running stinger as my compter repeatedly went off while running ito_O i am only just online once again so am uncertain to the success of my efforts..jst thot i should at least keep you posted!

thanks for the help,and ill et you know how i eventually get on.

regards, Griogair!

7. Griogair

yea...its been 10mins..haha...it hasnt changed much im afraid...the background is still intact...but when i try to search for a site...i am every so often redirected to 'coolsearch.biz' which you can imagine is just great!

any ideas?
    thanks.
    griogair

8. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Sounds like your browser has been Hijacked.

Unfortunately, Wilders no longer provides hijack cleaning services. More info and help here,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=222776#post222776

snowbound

9. Griogair

yea...it hapned a few months ago and i was kina woried that mite be the story again as pieter arntz told me the forum could no longer help with hijack-this logs.

thanks anyway....the anti trojan,stinger,firewall etc you recomended are working great

regards, griogair

10. Blackspear

Good to see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.