Backdoor.Hackarmy.gen not detected by many

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Mack Jones, Jul 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikesio

mikesio Guest

I send this backdoor to trendmicro labs (virus_doctor) and mks_vir labs. It was 25 July. Next day i have response from MKS and they have added this signature to MKS. (i think that is OK).
    I don't have any answer from Trend Micro. I write e-mail to Trend Support Center (28 July). I have been answered ..."Search as I might I have found no references to backdoor.hackarmy.gen on Kaspersky, Symantec nor McAfee encyclopedias"....
    I send this backdoor to Support Center (29 July) - no answer!
    I write another e-mail to virus_doctor TM (31 July) - NO ANSWER!!!!! I think that is something wrong with TrendMicro support!!!!

2. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

FYI many AV companies give baddies different names.

3. mikesio

mikesio Guest

OK - but Trend Micro doesn't detect anything wrong in this file. :)

4. tazdevl

That's because TM and their support IS BAD.

Edited to remove a word that is perceived as being neither vulgar nor offensive in the 10 countries I've lived in or 38 I've visited.

Always important to modify one's language and behavior for the overly sensitive minority. :rolleyes: Amazing anything gets done in the world or we are able to affect change in society by being so PC.

I might also add that this word is used in Prime Time TV in the US and is not considered to be an offensive term by the FCC.

Of course I can supply a multitude of links that fully support the adjective I used from all over the web, my own personal experience aside.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2004
  5. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

tazdevl ,

Please refrain from personal comments in that fashion as it may be offensive to other members or guests.

snowbound

6. tazdevl

I woudn't say its personal. I've read the exact same comment multiples times on this forum and plenty others. I think it falls under the "general consensus" category. ;)

And if folks find that offensive, they need to grow thicker skins. There is such a thing as being overly PC. :D

7. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

U are correct that this kinds of comments have been posted before but in my judgement it is product bashing and this goes against our TOS.

and there's such a thing as constructive criticism. Saying something sucks, frankly doesn't offer anything.

snowbound

8. tazdevl

Ok... based on my own experience and nearly every other post I've found on the web, the vocal majority has found Trend Micro support to be uncommunicative and unresponsive to the needs of its customers.

Not to mention the product offers moderate levels of protection at best and has several oustanding technical issues that remain unresolved.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2004
  9. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I will agree with you that their response to a query of their product has been less than acceptable to me also.

10. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Thanks tazdevl! That's really a much more useful comment. :cool:

It's always better to provide information like that when posting such an opinion. It gives people more background so they can understand the real issues, and it may also allow them to structure good search terms to find out more about the subject.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.