Backdoor-CFB virus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by OAPChas, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OAPChas

OAPChas Registered Member

:mad: I wish I could get rid of this little bugger hiding in c:\windows\system32\comaf.dll

Now I've tried every posible virus detector that's supposed to delete this virus inc stinger, McAfee Virusscan 8 and a whole host of others do not detect it.

However if I run Spybot or Adaware and when they start to check through system32 the McAfee Virusscan popup does bonkers saying it's detected this backdoor-CFB but cannot clean or quarantine. It also does this if I physically click on the comaf.dll file in windows explorer.

Please help this is driving me nutts everytime I run Adaware or Spybot.

2. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

have you tried scanning in safe mode?What app is comaf.dll associated with I dont have it on my system?

3. OAPChas

certainly have no luck............... :(

4. steve1955

5. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

6. OAPChas

:oops: Right I've read the other threads and I'm keeping the virus, simple as that as a complete novice I'm not even gonna entertain edit registry's and all of that.

Sad but I'll live with it, stil cannot believe that even something like Stinger that claims to remove the Backdoor-CFB will not even detect it on my system, odd?

Tried Trend Micro's PC-Cillin no detection but it certainly manages to trigger the McAfee popup.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2004
  7. steve1955

Have you tried to contact McAFee? they might be able to help(without editing reg:-according to their site if latest dat file is installed it should be able to cure problem automatically on reboot!)
    If other AVs dont detect it could possibly be a false +ve drop them an email,I'm sure they can throw some light on prob(you've nothing to loose anyway)
    Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.