AVZ anti viral toolkit

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ComputerSaysNo, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anyone stumble upon this tool? I find it's a great piece of software to have in the kit. Really a nice piece of software for security minded folk.

It's really in deapth with it's findings :)

2. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Speaking for the Wilders veterans if I may: yes we know this tool from Oleg Zaytsev and yes it is a great tool and yes it belongs in your malware recovery toolkit

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  3. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

4. yeah I would hire him too. nice move by Kaspersky, the AVZ tool is a very good piece of software. I can only hope it will still be developed!

5. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Very nice. Added to my USB drive. Kind of wish someone near me could get a bad infection I would need to remove.

6. Chiron

Chiron Registered Member

Does that mean that is uses Kaspersky signatures?

7. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Cerainly seems like it, makes it even better

8. Chiron

Chiron Registered Member

Thanks.

9. TheKid7

The total hard drive space taken up by the AVZ Malware Signatures is only 6.3 Mbytes, which seems small to me. The Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool is about 130 MBytes.

10. TheKid7

I am curious why Kasperky does not include up-to-date Malware Signatures in both the AVZ Antiviral Toolkit and the Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10. The Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool has near up-to-date Malware Signatures at the time of download.

11. SLE

SLE Registered Member

Cause AVZ is not a signature scanning utility which detects and removes. It's an advanced utility that shows what is running on your system and enables prof. user to remove and repair things via self-made scripts.

12. TheKid7

I have found the following instructions to perform after running the AVZ.exe. I have not tried these instructions. Are these the best/recommended instructions for 'Automating' AVZ Antiviral Toolkit?

Select File menu > Custom scripts
    Copy the text below into the Run script field:

begin
    ExecuteStdScr(3);
    RebootWindows(true);
    end.

Click the Run button
    Wait till the computer is restarted

13. SLE

SLE Registered Member

AVZ can't be automated.

Std. Script 3 will create a very detailled report of what is running on your system - nearly nothing more. When you look at the results and see some malicious/unwanted files you need a script to remove them.

14. TheKid7

How do you go about writing scripts to remove Malware which is found?

15. What's the remove buttons for? It surely removes found malware doesn't it?

16. SLE

SLE Registered Member

What entries are dangerous and to remove you often must decide alone, AVZ only helps by marking unknown Items and some well known malwares.

In html-report there is a codebox at bottom where you can/must enter the script. Some hyperlinks to useful and often used commands are given to.

More detailled explanations you can find in the help file. It needs some work and knowledge to understand AVZ. If you are really interested it is also helpful to read the virus removal sections in KL-forums. There you can see how AVZ is used.

It are no buttons in that sense, they are more for activating removal mode. Some basic detection is build in of course, also some other utilities. But the real strengh of AVZ is advanced system analysis and manual checking via scripts.

IMO best usage: Update AVZ (via GUI or script 7), run script 3 and analyze or let it analyse from experts. If you have problem with script 3 (doesn't come to an end on all systems) use script 2.

btw: AVZ is also build in KIS (in a simpler version: support - support tools) and also used by KIS (heuristic analysis of unknown programs in HIPS. AVZ result is a "risk index" which decides in which of the restricted groups unknown applications are placed)

17. thanhtai2009

thanhtai2009 Registered Member

there is a script editor called AVZ Script Editor
    ---http://z-oleg.com/avz_se.zip
    it may useful in most case to create and execute scripts

Attached Files:

18. TheKid7

What is KL in KL-forums? I did a Search for KL-forums and could not find anything.

19. SLE

SLE Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.