AVK 2007 English Trial

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Access Denied, Mar 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

IMO definitely it's a huge improvement compared to the previous heavy 2006v.

However, as I said before, I performed a customized installation and changed some options from within the program after installed to make it fit to my needs. :)

2. jm0307

jm0307 Registered Member

Dear members,

Just for your information. I may be wrong, but it appeared to me that members had indicated that the AVK test version does not allow definition updates during the 30 day period. Indeed, in the past, this was stated on GData's website in relation to test versions. Upon noticing that this statement has disappeared from their website, I wondered if the latest trials do allow updates throughout the test period. Accordingly, I have contacted GData to confirm this. Their reply:

Of course the trial-version of AntiVirusKit 2007 includes the updates of the virus-definitions for the whole period.

Best wishes

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

nm... I found the trial at the following link.
    http://www.gdata.de/support/GB/list/82/

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Hiya jm0307,

I can confirm the the ability to get updates when trialling AVK 2007. You just need to DL it, install, reboot, and follow the registration process when trying to update for the first time.

@ Macstorm or anyone else using AVK 2007,

Do you happen to know which engine is KAV and which is AVAST? When going through the real-time settings it shows that I can use "both engines-optimized", "Engine A", and "Engine B". I would like to do some tweaking, but I'm not sure which engine is which.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.