Avira these days?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by whitedragon551, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Hows Avira on x64 these days? Proactive detection working? Still top notch detection and resource usage?

2. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

the proActive or w/e the behaviour blocker is called doesnt work on x64 im pretty sure

3. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

To answer your question, it works perfectly fine. not had an issue in over 12 months

4. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

I'm sure Avira itself works for you, but the Proactive module is not present on x64, not for you or for anyone else.

The AV itself does indeed work very nicely.

5. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

How is it on resource usage? I have 13 days left of my current AV solution at work to find something else for my PC there.

6. gery

gery Registered Member

what a big question whitedragon:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

7. Coccinelle

Coccinelle Registered Member

I use 64 bit Windows 7.
    I send a E-Mail to Avira(monday)about ProActive and they told me that is not ready yet.
    I Ask -when- and they told me that work on it ,but can't tell me when be ready....Avira version 11 may be.So i use Avast now.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

And resource usage is good.

9. m0unds

m0unds Guest

judging by all the complaints and bug reports and other stuff regarding proactiv issues on their forums, i'm not really sure that's a bad thing.

that being said, i have one machine with the avira suite on it (a netbook actually, running w7 x64) and it's been fine. resource usage is reasonable, scan speeds are as fast as i can get from a 1.2GHz AMD L110 and 2GB of RAM. i don't go wandering around trying to get the machine infected or anything, so i can't comment on efficacy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.